Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

x58 extreme not booting consistently

This is a discussion on x58 extreme not booting consistently within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My computer setup is the Asrock x58 Extreme with the latest bios update. Power supply is Corsair 750W, CPU i7

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 07:03 PM   #1
Registered Member

Confused

My computer setup is the Asrock x58 Extreme with the latest bios update. Power supply is Corsair 750W, CPU i7 920, Memory is G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Triple Channel Kit, and video card is XFX HD-567X-ZNF3 Radeon HD 5670 1GB 128-bit DDR5.

I have a couple issues with my system, but the most annoying one is the computer will not turn on consistently. I can shut down the computer and push the button to turn it on, and the case lights up and fans turn on, but the screen doesn't boot up. Looking at the motherboard, the display on the motherboard doesn't turn on when it fails to boot up, and neither does the light on the case indicating hard drive. This brings me to my other problem, which is the ram isn't consistently showing 6gb in bios and/or windows. i ran it dual channel with the 2 sticks that always do work and get the same start up issues. To start the computer, i have to leave it off for a couple minutes or unplug it for a few seconds and plug it in. Will usually start first time if i do this, and sometimes the computer does start multiple times in a row with no issues. Only settings i've changed in bios is changed the ram to reflect 1333. Any help would be appreciated, and i should be sending the possibly faulty stick of ram to get replaced tomorrow. Thanks in advance,
Lorenzo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2010, 07:22 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

I assume you built this pc yourself? Is this a recent problem or has it been happening from the start?
Old 07-26-2010, 10:45 PM   #3
Registered Member

Correct, built it myself. It's has the memory issue since the start, but the booting problem i didn't notice until a week or two ago. I believe, but am not positive that the problem may have started with using that 4 second boot thing. i tried it and it did not work, and started giving the boot issues. Disabled it and deleted it, bios doesn't look different but honestly don't know too much of what to look for in there. Thanks for the response.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2010, 11:20 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

I believe it might be your motherboard . You can read all negative reviews from newegg alot of which concur with your problems.
Closed Thread