Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

wont pick up monitor

This is a discussion on wont pick up monitor within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hi, over night my computer decided to not read my monitor. it was working, and then the next day when

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 04:14 PM   #1

hi, over night my computer decided to not read my monitor. it was working, and then the next day when i turned my computer on the monitor stayed on stand by. so i pulled the on board video card from my other computer and tried it in the busted one. It still didn't turn the monitor on.
so i guess its a mother board problem.
i have a Gigabyte GA-8PE 800 mother board. i don't know what happenbed but can it be fixed? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2007, 05:54 PM   #2
TSF Team Emeritus

My System

This could be a number of things, It was a good idea to try another video card but seeing as that did not help I would next try another power supply.

Post back with results and please include you full system specs
Old 12-14-2008, 05:51 PM   #3

Ive had this happen to two diff computers and i still cant figure out what caused it.. ive been working on computers for 10 years and can figure it out.. i also tried putting in another card and no go :P even manually washed the bios hoping that would fix it and still no go, so any help would be helpful thanks, :P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2008, 05:36 PM   #4
Registered Member

When the obvious fix didn't work for me (reseating the RAM), I discovered my CPU had failed.

Good luck
Old 12-19-2008, 02:17 PM   #5

Tried that i mean i go one minute from it working just fine to turning it off and moving more then two pcs to 3 diff monitors and none of em work :P ive been doing for over 15 years and this is the first time ive ever had this happen i call it a STD :P cause i even put in brand new graphics cards and old ones in the boxes and no monitor :P so if ya can fix this let me know we can work something out :P hopefuly ya take paypal :P
Old 12-19-2008, 03:34 PM   #6
TSF Team Emeritus

My System

pupp3t,

Are services are free and we will be glad to help but I have to ask you to start your own thread and include your full system specs
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search