User Tag List

Won't boot

This is a discussion on Won't boot within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have an Acer 5551 laptop which until recently ran fine. After working late one night when I went to

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 08:51 AM   #1
Registered Member

I have an Acer 5551 laptop which until recently ran fine. After working late one night when I went to start up the following morning it refused to boot. The fan barely started and the optical drive light flashed but then it totally shut down.

It acts like the mboard is fried, but I don't know how to test it to be sure. I had left it plugged in and I'm even wondering if lightning hit it while I was asleep although there is no sign or smell of anything burnt.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2012, 10:12 AM   #2
Team Manager - Hardware
Acting Manager, Security Center

My System

Any posting at all (writing)? It has to be either the power cord or the motherboard I'm afraid. How old is it?

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:38 PM   #3
Registered Member

It's about two yrs old. The power cord looks good and the transformer lights up so I guess I should try replacing the mboard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2012, 12:42 PM   #4
Team Manager - Hardware
Acting Manager, Security Center

My System

Sounds like that's the case.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
0X000000F4
Hello- Randomly my HP Pavilion running XP crashes with: 0X000000F4 0X000000003 0X8ACC9298 .... Any Clues- I ran all hardware tests with no issues. Thanks, Jeff
jfuchs10 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 9 08-15-2012 07:52 AM
Bizzare erratic boot issues / boot twilight zone
1.Issue description First of all, if windows manages to load, the machine is rock solid and stable as an aircraft carrier. However cut the power for a while, change BIOS settings that require an automated power off reboot, remove or add hardware and the machine enters a bizarre state of boot...
kercharon Other Hardware Support 3 07-19-2012 10:39 AM
Windows Vista Disk Boot Not Working
So I've been increasingly getting frustrated with this little problem and I can't seem to find any solutions online. The problem is that my boot disk will not boot or even be read by my computer. I have a Gateway GT5658E Desktop and the drive is an Optiarc DVD RW AD-7173A. I've set the BIOS to boot...
DZiner Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 10 12-10-2011 06:38 AM
Change boot device on Windows 7
I had a 300GB HDD with Vista installed. Disk 0 I bought a new 1TB HDD and installed it as Disk 1 I used a Windows 7 upgrade disk and installed Windows 7 to Disk 1 I assumed this would be fine since my system DOES have a valid Vista installation. All worked fine and when I boot up I even...
drawbridgep Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 10 04-24-2011 12:20 PM