Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

Windows reports that the "NVIDIA PORT IO Control Driver" device is not working proper

This is a discussion on Windows reports that the "NVIDIA PORT IO Control Driver" device is not working proper within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, My win7 ultimate system behaves strangely. When I do some typing, the screen shutters. When I type, the active

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 12:45 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,
My win7 ultimate system behaves strangely. When I do some typing, the screen shutters. When I type, the active window is replace by another one without any clear rationale, when I type, only part of the text gets typed, etc.
I ran an analysis by TuneUp Utilities 2012 and got the following hint:

Windows reports that the "NVIDIA PORT IO Control Driver" device is not working properly.

All I found of NVIDIA products on my task list is a display driver for NVIDIA 9500 GT, which functions with no fault.

What's wrong?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2012, 11:36 AM   #2
TSF - Enthusiast

OS: Windows 8 Ent, Server 2012, 2012R2, Server 2008 R2 Stnd,

My System

Can you provide more information about your computer? make and model
if custom build then model numbers of your parts used

When was the last time you updated your drivers?
I would recommend you update your drivers first of all
go to computer manufacturer's website and under tech support search for your computer model
if custom build then go to Motherboard manufacturer's website and look for your motherboard model
Download the Chipset, Audio, LAN, wifi(if applies) drivers
Download latest drivers for your video card from Nividia's website

Use "driver sweeper" to uninstall the current drivers
Reboot
Install the latest drivers downloaded
Old 02-02-2012, 11:23 PM   #3
Registered Member

1. My system:
OS Dual boot: WinXP Pro + Win7 Ultimate
CPU Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz
MB Gigabyte GA-P43-ES3G
Memory Transcend 2GB DDR2 800
Graphic card NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
Sound card Realtek High Definition Audio
Monitor SyncMaster 940bw
HD Samsung 1TB 32 MB 7200RPM
PSU seasonic ss-500et active pfc
2. My drivers are updated regularly, both using MS Update and Driver Genius Pro.
3. I've already uninstalled the NVIDIA driver using Driver Sweeper.
4. Since using the most recent NVIDIA driver from the NVIDIA site failed to solve the problem, I've installed a less update version, which didn't help as well. (By the way, the error message refers to the "NVIDIA PORT IO Control Driver" and not to the driver currently installed)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2012, 01:19 PM   #4
Registered Member

I updated my BIOS and NVIDIA installation ended successfully.

Still, TuneUp utilities continue to report that

A device is not working properly
Windows reports that the "NVIDIA PORT IO Control Driver" device is not working properly.

What's wrong?
Closed Thread