Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

Weird Problemm, Please help.

This is a discussion on Weird Problemm, Please help. within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Here is what happened. Surge Protector got turned off accidently. When i reset the surge protector, everything started up fine

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 07:21 PM   #1

Here is what happened.

Surge Protector got turned off accidently.

When i reset the surge protector, everything started up fine except for my PC. Right away, i assumed that i might have blown out my power supply. I swap it with another pc's power supply that works for sure... It didnt start up. There are no movements of the fan, no noise, nothing. What could i be doing wrong. Could it be that the motherboard got shot? Please help!

Thanks,
Alan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2005, 08:37 PM   #2

welcome to TSF.

more likely there is a problem with your motherboard. if you have he knowlege, go in and check the PWR_ON cables attaching to your motherboard from your case.. you might of accidentally pulled one during the PSU swapping routine. If everythings connected, your motherboard has met its maker
Old 12-15-2005, 08:18 AM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Send a message via MSN to jimscreechy
Before you go down the difficult road, take this short cut and make sure the fuse in the plug... (if there is one) is not blow. You may have changed the PSU and keep using the same power cord that was in place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2005, 08:10 PM   #4

if all else fails.

take the power supply, motherboard, cpu, ram, videocard outside the case and run the computer outside the computer case. make sure you put an anti-static bag underneath the cpu.

then hook the power supply cable on the motherboard and get a screw driver and touch the power switch LED with the screw driver. then see if your computer turns on. good luck
Closed Thread