User Tag List

UEFI

This is a discussion on UEFI within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a Surface Go that has a UEFI password that owner does not remember. When turned on all it

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2018, 02:50 PM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to confrontation

I have a Surface Go that has a UEFI password that owner does not remember.

When turned on all it shows is the windows logo and then a no bootable device message.

When F2 is pressed after a reboot, a windows logo shows with a red line at the top of the screen that has a lock in it.

How am I able to get windows on it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2018, 03:00 PM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

From TSF RULES

You may not ask for assistance with any deemed illegal activities such as but NOT restricted to the following::

* software pirating
* hacking
* password cracking
* keystroke recording software
* assistance with accessing copyrighted software programs
* Leeching on private or public WiFi/Broadband connections
We will also not offer advice, assistance or instruction with regard to any of the above activities, illegal or otherwise.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How do I reset a UEFI Bios/admin password on a Dell Venue 11 Pro?
Hi all, How do I reset a UEFI Bios/admin password on a Dell Venue 11 Pro? Here is my situation. When the keyboard that came with my tablet is connect to my tablet, Windows 10 sees the keyboard's battery, the tablet charges the keyboard's battery, and the tablet/Win 10 asks if I want...
bluepheonix Motherboards, Bios & CPU 4 05-15-2017 03:11 PM
Another but different UEFI Question-Clean Install WIndows 10
Hey Guys, I'm still fixated on all the woes of UEFI. If a UEFI Windows 8.1machine upgrades to Windows 10 and at some point one wants to do a clean install of Windows 10 am I correct that the only way to do so is disable secure boot,and enable CSM (legacy boot) or is just disabling secure boot all...
glasskuter Windows 10 Support 0 08-31-2015 07:38 PM
SSD + RAID 1 + UEFI question
Hello, I recently ran into hard drive issues and lost all my data. I am planning to revamp my setup. 970A-G46 AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad-Core Processor 4 1 SSD Intel 160GB 320Series 1TB Desktop Internal Sata Drive (ST1000DM003) 1 TB WD Green I would like to exploit the UEFI option in my mobo...
tristar Hard Drive Support 3 01-24-2014 03:28 AM
[SOLVED] "Your GPU does not support UEFI" on a UEFI system.
I have a couple of questions that have been confusing me for a little bit and I would like to see if someone wouldn't mind helping me. I have a Alienware X51 2020BK. It came with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, and I install Windows 8.1 Pro UEFI on the computer. The computer, in all, runs...
Aunonymous Motherboards, Bios & CPU 5 01-04-2014 09:55 AM
[SOLVED] Win7 64bits uefi +mbr need infos
Hello I just bought an aml3+ motherboard with 880g+sb 850. My new motherboard contain uefi firmware instead of bios. I think uefi keep compatibility with some bios functionality needed to boot an os that don't support uefi natively. I would like to know if win 7 64 bits will force me to use...
Elberntsinah Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 9 08-10-2011 03:13 PM