Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

User Tag List

Toshiba Satellite

This is a discussion on Toshiba Satellite within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a Toshiba satellite laptop that was given to me by a friends mom. She said that some how

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2018, 06:07 AM   #1
Registered Member

I have a Toshiba satellite laptop that was given to me by a friends mom. She said that some how a password was put on the bios and when you turn it on it asks for the password. How do I remove the password (get around it),from the bios we can't get to the desktop screen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2018, 02:10 PM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

You could attempt to clear the CMOS of the laptop, however, BIOS passwords are normally unlockable without the password itself.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows 7 Memory Issue (?); ubd.exe entry point error
Hi there, First off, thanks ever so much for your help. I've picked up something from irresponsible surfing :( This laptop was bought new and, apart from having iTunes and Skype onboard, is solely used for streaming video in my home theatre system. I streamed some latest season episodes of a...
jwdrums0 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 19 11-15-2014 09:48 PM
[SOLVED] Malware Popped Back 2 days after Solved
Hello, I posted before under "Multiple CSRSS.exe running with Hanging Firefox" title. Today, I tried to open Firefox session, but it takes forever and was not able to open. After 2 attempts, popup box with 2 messages (I believe Windows Action Center??), "Windows Defender last scanned 3/30/14....
satyros66 Resolved HJT Threads 13 07-31-2014 03:20 AM