Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

The CMOS Checksum is invalid

This is a discussion on The CMOS Checksum is invalid within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Thanks for your help tristar. I think Im going to look for another laptop Ive changed the lcd screen battery

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 01:48 PM   #21
Registered Member

Thanks for your help tristar. I think Im going to look for another laptop Ive changed the lcd screen battery and keyboard awhile back its time to kiss it goodbye.
I have another question you seem to know your way around a computer. How would i disable a motherboard in a desktop temporarily something like soldering a jumper between two legs of the BIOS chip for example. I just don't want it to boot but then later I want to be able to correct the problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2018, 03:32 AM   #22
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

Your request is making me a little apprehensive :) If you'd like to disable a motherboard you can leave the ATX and CPU Power disconnected.

Old 04-20-2018, 03:58 AM   #23
Registered Member

Sorry about that. Let's leave it at that. Thank you very much for your help on the laptop. Have a good day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2018, 04:25 AM   #24
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

Thanks ! You as well !

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Win 10 Driver State Power Failure
So I have an Asus ROG laptop and I've recently started having some issues with it, one of them being this driver state power failure bsod. Its happened 3 times now in the past two weeks. I haven't exactly nailed down what causes it, but I've done some research and most places suggest updating...
lorjack BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 7 12-12-2017 04:50 PM
nForce Driver Updates - nvstor64.sys
I am looking for NVIDIA nForce drivers for a Windows 7 x64 SP1 system & hope that someone can help. Current 2009 nForce driver nvstor64.sys is not listed as the probable cause, but showed itself involved in blocking an IRP when the Windbg !irp command was issued: 0: kd> !irp...
jcgriff2 The Registry 8 09-23-2014 11:59 PM
BSOD on link clicks / randomly
OS -Windows 7 64 bit Windows 7 Full Retail Version I purchased. 1.5 years 1.5 years / yes, 1 month after original installation. CPU - AMD Phenom x4 980 Processor 3.7 GHz Video Card (running off motherboard VGA, had same issue with graphics card, card was removed. ...
cc1471 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 2 11-30-2012 07:10 AM
BSOD Problem
Hi , Im getting this BSOD from few months. Pls help. 1. Windows 7 Ultimate 2. x86 3. Windows 7 Home 4. not OEM 5. 2 years 6 2 years Sony Vaio VPCEA1S1E
Bonehard BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 6 10-01-2012 12:08 PM
Win Server 2008 R2 BSOD's -- bad hardware?
I'm kind of at a loss. This server as been running ok now for 6 months but after moving it I am having all sorts of problems. Looking for pointers on how to troubleshoot and/or narrow down the source of the error.
bproven BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 5 09-15-2012 07:12 AM