Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

User Tag List

Temperatures not showing in any software

This is a discussion on Temperatures not showing in any software within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I've just recently built myself a new gaming pc. I've downloaded speedfan to look at my temperatures just to

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 01:08 PM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to ash369

Hi,

I've just recently built myself a new gaming pc. I've downloaded speedfan to look at my temperatures just to make sure they are ok. I'm fairly sure they are fine but i just wanted to see them for myself for my own peace of mind as i'm wanting to overclock my cpu soon.

The problem is, the temperatures that would normally come up are not showing. All that shows is GPU, HDD1, HDD2.

I've installed all the latest drivers and chipset e.x. but it still isn't showing up. I am using a B350 Gaming motherboard from Gigabyte. It comes up in everest that the motherboard name is unknown.

Its also saying cpu type 2x 3100 MHz? ITs a AMD Ryzen 3 1200 so not quite sure why its saying that. I saw somwhere it said BIOS version F6. I know this is out of date, is this the cause of the problem? If so, how do i flash the BIOS its something i've never done before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2018, 03:34 PM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

The first problem is your motherboard will not support overclocking on a B350 chipset.

Second, have you tried an alternative program to Speedfan like HWMonitor or Aida64? Does the BIOS show the temperatures?
Old 05-30-2018, 01:07 AM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to ash369
Managed to get the temperatures up with hwmonitor. That's strange because I already overclocked it to 3.8 and changed the power to 1.3v hopefully that's right never done it before. I turned the turbo/boost thing off aswell...
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Repost Per: CatByte Trojan:dos/alureon.e and SmartHDD problem
Trojan:dos/alureon.e and SmartHDD problem Hello, I hope I'm at the right area for help. This pc I'm on was infected with Trojan:dos/alureon.e and SmartHDD. I was able to get to the net somehow and I installed and ran Malwarebytes and got rid of SmartHDD. Then I ran Windows Defender and it found...
mg67 Resolved HJT Threads 23 07-30-2012 06:24 AM
Mother in law has no desktop
My mother in law clicked on the fake virus scan thing, and called me because her desktop is empty and the start menu says it is empty. I am now over at her house and on my laptop. Mom has a Dell dimension 2400 running Windows XP I found the computer turns on and loads windows. There is...
lindacruz Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 30 11-20-2011 08:37 PM
I'm tech support, need help, this thing is nasty.
I've thrown everything I could at this so far. Malware bytes, superantispyware, hijack this, ccleaner... I could throw more I guess. I'm going to take the drive out and scan it on another machine. But I have seen this before and it angers me. SVCHOST.EXE starts eating resources, less...
DriftLife Resolved HJT Threads 15 08-04-2011 08:09 PM
[SOLVED] Yet Another Antivira Av Virus :(
so I've gotten this virus Antivira Av that will pop up and say that I'm under attack... obviously fake. right now I'm in safe mode as i can't open anything other than the internet without Antivira closing it out. I couldn't find a save button for the Gmer log, so if necessary i can run it again...
chuckles3 Resolved HJT Threads 22 03-05-2011 10:39 PM
Slow Computer - possible virus?
For the past couple days, my computer has slowed down. When I click to open an application, like the internet or MS Word, it's about two minutes before the application opens (yes, I have timed this). So, I tried to download the DDS file, and a dialog box opened, saying "The procedure * could not be...
alicerain Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 5 02-17-2011 02:29 PM