Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

System frequency combination

This is a discussion on System frequency combination within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Guys..i also have this same problem vth my pc....but now it is little bit changed..earlier..the same...texts are shown in my

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 09:20 PM   #1

Question

Guys..i also have this same problem vth my pc....but now it is little bit changed..earlier..the same...texts are shown in my pc...and d fan problem...but now when i open...der i can see d dancing letters and...some horizontal lines.and der i can see floppy disk(s) fail (40)..der after ..i can see DISC BOOT FAILURE INSERT SYSTEM DISC AND PRESS ENTER....Wht i want to do?..any advice....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2010, 09:36 PM   #2

Guys,,i have some problem vth my pc.earlier whn i open d pc..it makes weird sounds and the fan turns on and off. ok so i tried troubleshooting this problem but all of the sudden my pc shuts down then i tried turning it back on a few times, when i finally did it took me straight to bios settings and under CPU settings it said " DURING THE LAST BOOT UP YOUR SYSTEM HUNG FOR IMPROPER FREQUENCY COMBINATION. YOUR SYSTEM IS NOW WORKING IN SAFE MODE TO OPTIMIZE THE SYSTEM PERFORMANCE AND RELIABILITY, MAKE SURE THE FREQUENCY COMBINATION COMFORTS TO THE SPECIFICATIONS OF YOUR CPU DIMM AND OTHER CONNECTED DEVICES"...but now..der is little bit change...now i open d pc...i can see...d dancing letters..and some horizontal lines...and some colour changes.and der ican see floppy disc(s) fail (40)..after dat.i can see "DISC BOOT FAILURE,INSERT SYSTEM DISC AND PRESS ENTER"...I had done as much am possible to open d system...any advice 2 open it???

ASUS celeron (R)
1854 MHz processor
512 mb ram
WIN XP
Old 01-02-2010, 11:14 PM   #3
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

cmos reset
turn the computer off
remove the power lead from the back
take the side off
remove the cmos battery
move the cmos jumper from pins 1 and 2 to pin 2 and 3 and the back to pins 1 and 2
reinsert the battery
put the side on
replug in the power lead
boot the computer

there can be 2 solder points you touch with a screwdriver
2 pins you touch with a screwdriver or use a jumper
a cmos clear switch or button
there will be a diagram and instructions in your manual

Closed Thread