Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

User Tag List

system fan 1

This is a discussion on system fan 1 within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a gigabyte ga z97 gaming 7 mobo and my system fan 1 is not working. It's the rear

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2018, 05:48 PM   #1
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team

I have a gigabyte ga z97 gaming 7 mobo and my system fan 1 is not working. It's the rear case fan (120mm). I've replaced the fan with a known working fan and it still doesn't work. I'm completely stumped.

Old 08-12-2018, 06:29 AM   #2
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

Does a multimeter show 12V DC between Pin 1 (ground) and Pin 2 (+12V / Speed Control) on SYS_FAN1?

Gigabyte.us > GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 Manual (See page 26)
Old 08-12-2018, 07:18 AM   #3
Team Manager - Hardware
Acting Manager, Security Center

My System

Sounds like the motherboard plug is not working can you try a converter so you can plug a fan directly in a molex plug?

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2018, 08:01 AM   #4
- Microsoft Support
BSOD Kernel Dump Analyst

My System

There should be six fan headers, 2 at the top next to the RAM, 1 centrally placed above the top PCIe x1 slot and behind the audio sockets, three along the bottom edge. Can you reach the central header?

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BOSD help
OS - windows 7 x86 (32-bit) What was original installed OS on system? none Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? NO Age of system (hardware): 3-4 years Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS?...
bonz129 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 1 05-06-2013 02:03 PM
BSOD after few minutes of gaming
Hello, and thanks in advance for taking the time to help. First off, I couldn't find a thread with specific instructions on who to acquire all the specific log files for Windows XP - it seems the stickies only pertain to Windows 7 / Vista. If someone could point me in the right direction, I'll...
Deamon615 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 37 11-04-2012 02:18 PM
Unable to run ANY applications in Windows XP Pro
Unable to run ANY applications XP Pro History: My wife has a Dell Latitude 620 that was given to her by her former company so she could work from home in 2006. In 2009 after 30 years of stellar service to her company, she was dismissed over health issues. She was allowed to keep the laptop...
1Roadwarrior Windows XP Support 98 01-06-2012 08:13 PM
Bsod on boot
Hey guys...long time no post..Been busy working for amazon.com...still having my problem of a Bsod after logging in when my machine has been off for about 6+ hrs. Started a while back..only problems it's caused is it would make my USB keyboard and mouse stop working at login but ps2 devices would...
silecchiad BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 12 11-08-2011 03:21 AM
Another BSOD problem
OS - Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x64 What was original installed OS on system? None - new build Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? OEM (bought and installed by me) Age of system (hardware) ~6 months Age...
tsdadam BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 6 08-22-2011 11:12 PM