Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

Static Shock Leads To Motherboard Failure??

This is a discussion on Static Shock Leads To Motherboard Failure?? within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I went to turn on my PC a little while ago by hitting the front panel button. Just before I

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 03:11 AM   #1

I went to turn on my PC a little while ago by hitting the front panel button. Just before I got to the button I got a pretty big static shock between the button and my finger. I never touched the button physically but the PC went on (which i thought was odd), for a few seconds, and then it turned off. Now it its not turning on at all, unless I turn off the power supply or unplug the machine for a minute and then turn it back on. I don't have to hit the front panel button to make it go on but it will turn on once it gets power back. Once it turns on, a second or two later it shuts down. I had the EXACT same behavior about two months ago and called my manufacturer and they said it probably was a bad PSU that took my MB with it. They sent me a new one and it turns out the RAM was bad too. I replaced both and the machine was working fine, up until this static shock incident about a half hour ago. Could the static shock I got from the case caused my MB to fail AGAIN?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread