Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

Speakers & Mic no longer being detected

This is a discussion on Speakers & Mic no longer being detected within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi All I have been having an issue with my computer the past few days. I had a Nvidia Graphics

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 01:19 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi All

I have been having an issue with my computer the past few days. I had a Nvidia Graphics card plugged in initially and my sound worked fine. Speakers and mic were both being detected when plugged in.

However I recently had to remove the graphics card as the original owner required it back. Anyway since I removed the graphics card my speakers are no longer being detected from the font or rear ports (Same for my mic).

I am using Windows 8.1 and have an ASROCK H81M-HDS Motherboard.

I have tried reinstalling 'Realtek HD Audio', checked all the drivers are up to date and cleared the CMOS (which was suggested by the ASROCK Support team). None of which solved the problem.

Would appreciate any help or suggestions as to what else I should try.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2014, 05:32 AM   #2
Emeritus

Are there any check marks in the Sound area of the Device Manager?

Old 02-17-2014, 06:28 AM   #3
Registered Member

Hi Tyree

No check marks in Device Manager.

In 'Sound -> Playback' there are two playback devices, Speakers and Headphones, both of which say 'Not plugged in' and both have a red downward arrow in place of a check mark.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2014, 06:16 PM   #4
Registered Member

Is the speaker plugged in to Lime Green port? I believe the mic goes to the Red port.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:20 AM   #5
Registered Member

Hey

Everything is plugged in correctly but no detection.

I have reinstalled windows but that has not solved the problem.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search