Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

sound card dont work cant get into bios

This is a discussion on sound card dont work cant get into bios within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. when i reboot computer says error system fan failed press f2 to continue cant get into bios to activate sound

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 09:38 PM   #1

when i reboot computer says error system fan failed press f2 to continue cant get into bios to activate sound card how can i get in to bios computer is a compac sr1503wm please help thank you:ps fan is still working
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2007, 04:15 PM   #2

Entering the BIOS Setup utility
You may have difficulty accessing the BIOS Setup utility screen, because you must press a specific key (usually F1, or Esc) very quickly before the Windows screen appears. If you do not enter the BIOS Setup screen on your first try, repeat the following steps until you are successful.
To open the BIOS Setup screen:
Turn off the computer and wait about 5 seconds.
Turn on the computer.
When the first screen appears, press the F1 or F10 key on the keyboard. (You can press the key more than once.) The BIOS Setup Utility Main menu appears.
NOTE: On certain Compaq Presario PCs (prior to 2002) press the F10 key at the logo screen to enter setup.

Use the keyboard to navigate through the menus.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help needed with onboard video.
I have a mad prob. I'm in iraq, and my agp vid card to shrap from a mortar that landed outside my window and made it kaput. So i resorted back to the onboard video, but now I have no 3d capabilities. I.E. no games will play. And I can't dowload the drivers for the onboard. My MB is "acorp" wich no...
hellrogue Windows XP Support 48 07-14-2007 01:29 AM
just installed SATA drive and now sound card does not work
I have a gigabyte k7 triton motherboard and have enabled sata in bios as I have just installed WD2500JS sata 2 hard drive. I have installed the drivers properlly and now the sound card does not work i disable the sata in the bios and then the sound card works correctly. I also try changing the...
rocchowse Windows XP Support 0 01-11-2006 05:26 AM
hardware wizard won't recognise sound card or printer
I built a P4 3.0 on a Gigabyte GA8S648 MB with a 768mb ram 16x pioneer dvd burner and Audigy LS sound card. OS Wondows 2000. Ran great had no problems untill I got an vx2 virus. Adaware couldn't get rid of it. It just kept multiplying. I had accidentally formatted my 120G HD in FAT32 instead...
cherahnna Windows Servers 2 02-18-2005 10:24 AM
same sound card, new sound problem
I have had my computer for a few years, and it desperately needed to be formatted. Everything was working fine up until the format, but after the sound card will not work. I used Everest and it identifies my sound card as an SiS 7012 audio device. I have an SiS 735 chipset and an AMI BIOS. The...
K1LOS Sound Cards 0 01-07-2005 10:42 AM
Sound card problem...
Does anyone have anyidea why XP refuses to allow a sound card to work in my system? The original sound card quit a few weeks ago (still have not figured out what event might have caused this) and after some investigation, I concluded it might be a bad card. Bought another, went through the install...
confutatis Windows XP Support 2 04-09-2003 06:16 AM