Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

[SOLVED] Replaced Emachines Mobo/PSU but no video?

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Replaced Emachines Mobo/PSU but no video? within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. So my Emachine T2385 Mobo/PSU went out last week. I purchased a new Intel845GLVA motherboard(using a 2.3 Celeron processor) and

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 05:23 PM   #1
Registered Member

So my Emachine T2385 Mobo/PSU went out last week. I purchased a new Intel845GLVA motherboard(using a 2.3 Celeron processor) and a new PSU. After hooking everything up, the monitor wasn't getting anything fed to it. I attached a working hard drive which is getting power. I also could open up the cd rom so it can't be the PSU. Holding the power button for 8 seconds to shut everything off works. What could be the problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2009, 06:04 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

You should try this,,,
https://www.techsupportforum.com/f15/...em-262998.html
Old 07-05-2009, 01:16 PM   #3
Registered Member

Ok, I figured the new motherboard is not working properly as well because there is no beeps at all and I removed the memory and the HD. Before I ask the company for a replacement here's the specs:

My Computer:
Emachines T2385
CPU : Intel® Celeron® Processor 2.30GHz (w/128KB L2 cache & 400MHz FSB)
Chipset : Intel® 845GL chipset
Memory : 512MB DDR (PC2100)

The motherboard I replaced it with and plan on getting the same one:
Intel Desktop Board D845GLVA Mainboard
https://www.compuvest.com/Desc.jsp?iid=964028

This would be the right motherboard to get, correct? Also could a possbile bad CPU kill the motherboard? And is there a way to test the CPU without having any extra supplies to work with? I don't want to exchange the motherboard and end up have the computer not working again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2009, 01:03 PM   #4
Registered Member

anyone?
Old 07-06-2009, 01:26 PM   #5
Administrator
Team Manager, Gaming
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
Team Manager, Hardware Team
Microsoft MVP

The only way to test the CPU is in a working motherboard unless of course your Intel, if you have removed it from the case and done the bench test to eliminate shorting to the case, I would also think the board is bad.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:32 PM   #6
Registered Member

Thanks, could the motherboard still beep if the cpu is bad? Right now I don't have any working/compatible systems to test so it's really hard to figure out what the problem might be.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:36 PM   #7
Administrator
Team Manager, Gaming
Microsoft MVP

Could it yes but it's unlikely, with Intel it's almost never the CPU unless it's Overclocked and/or over volted to death. Or of course loose or broken/bent pins from mishandling.
When you installed it you did of course redo the thermal paste correct?
Old 07-23-2009, 04:09 PM   #8
Registered Member

I decided to return the mobo and the company told me that the motherboard was defective. I received the replacement motherboard yesterday and tested it out. Everything was working fine. I bench tested the parts. I had the board, mouse, keyboard, memory and hard drive working fine. Added the cd-rom drive and installed the required drivers for the board. So I figured everything should be good and time to put the mobo into my case. Now today when I turned on the computer, heatsink and PSU fan were both working, there was nothing happening. I didn't see nor hear the POST boot up. The board is still good because I can hear beeps from it. I can't believe this could be happening again. And to answer your previous question no I did not put any thermal pasting at all, could this be a problem that's occuring now? This is giving me a damn headache. I finally thought everything was good just to put the motherboard back in the case and it's not working.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:17 PM   #9
Administrator
Team Manager, Gaming
Microsoft MVP

Yes anytime you remove the heat sink thermal paste needs to be redone> https://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_s...structions.htm

You may want to pull it back out just to make sure it's not shorting on the case.
Check that you have a stand off for every hole and a screw in every hole.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:49 AM   #10
Registered Member

So the motherboard was the fault again. I got it replaced and got some thermal paste. I made sure I was careful to handle the new one and made sure I grounded myself. So far everything is good and working in the case so let's hope it stays that way. Unfortunately I have a new computer problem here https://www.techsupportforum.com/f15/...ps-410401.html
Old 09-02-2009, 12:07 PM   #11
Administrator
Team Manager, Gaming
Microsoft MVP

Good to hear you have it working:)
Closed Thread