Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

[SOLVED] No signal from subwoofer output

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] No signal from subwoofer output within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. When I do the speaker test in the Audio Manager software for my onboard sound, the subwoofer functions fine. The

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 12:42 PM   #1
Registered Member

When I do the speaker test in the Audio Manager software for my onboard sound, the subwoofer functions fine. The speaker test in Windows control panel yields the same result. But with DVDs, CDs or MP3s played on Windows Media Player, Streaming videos on IE 11 or Google Chrome ect. I get no output from the subwoofer. Thanks in advance for any input.

MoBo: GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H (rev 1.0)
I have supplied a screenshot of the Audio Manager software
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Audio Manager.PNG
Views:	31
Size:	314.2 KB
ID:	147706  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2013, 10:01 PM   #2
Networking Team |Tech

Hi Jeff 42,

What is the brand/model of your speaker system? Is your speaker system new? Did the subwoofer worked fine before?
Old 12-14-2013, 06:56 AM   #3
Registered Member

Speakers are working. Subwoofer works when doing the speaker test.

Speakers are Realistic Minimus 7 (about 40 years old, and still kicking butt!)

Subwoofer is Dayton Audio SUB 1200 (new), which has an auto off function. I thought that this might be the source of the problem, but it is not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2013, 07:12 AM   #4
Registered Member

I found the solution. "Speaker Fill" is needed for converting stereo content into a surround configured speaker system. I still don't know why DVDs were not sending a signal to the subwoofer, but I am happy for now.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:17 AM   #5
Emeritus

Glad you got it resolved and thanks for posting back.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
need to amplify wireless signal
Hi, and thanks for reading. I'm setting up a wireless network on a two stories house. The ceiling/floor between the stores is pretty thick. I have the modem on the lower floor and could barely get any signal on the corner of the upper one, where the computer needs to be. The computer in question...
Farmageddon Networking Support 19 01-30-2013 05:06 PM
VCR RF output bad signal
My sony VCR SLV-ED1 tuner via rf signal shows horizontal lines interference on tv. It can record TV programs through its tuner but playback through RF output with horizontal lines interference too. The same recorded material works well with another vcr with the same set up and cables. I suspect...
william lan Electronics 11 11-10-2012 12:46 AM
Projector set up
I am attemptiong to set up a BENQ ms510 on my laptop. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium on an Asus G74S with 16GB DDR3, 2 x 500GB hard drive plus 2 externals. When I attempt to download the user manual from Benq it crashes IE. When I attempt to use the supplied disc, it also crashes ie. I do...
ricochet53 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 6 04-08-2012 11:48 AM
How do I force VGA output signal?
Back to the old day, I was able to use Intel IEGD driver to create VGA driver with fix port/resolution. But I have changed to a new computer and the QM57 chipset is not supported by IEGD anymore >_< Now everytime I start my computer without VGA monitor plugged, the output signal will...
IloveI Windows XP Support 3 07-13-2011 11:45 PM
OTL Tutorial
Written by emeraldnzl and reposted here with permission and thanks. Introduction Regularly check your canned. Make sure it is up to date with changes (this tool is updated frequently) and that you have the correct download link. The correct ones for the latest version at time of writing are...
tetonbob The Annex 4 06-07-2010 08:29 AM