Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

[SOLVED] Mobo Needs ATX 12v - None On PSU

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Mobo Needs ATX 12v - None On PSU within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi; Just building a new rig and have installed all of the parts. Just before I powered up I had

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 02:26 PM   #1
Registered Member

Cry

Hi;

Just building a new rig and have installed all of the parts. Just before I powered up I had a look at the Mobo Manual and noticed that as well as the standard 24 PIN ATX Power Connector the Mobo has a separate ATX 12v Power Connector. Problem is my new PSU doesn't have any?!?!?!?!

The case is an Antec Fusion and the previously fitted PSU had a 12v ATX connector. My new PSU is a Corsair CMPSU-500CXV2UK Builder Series CX500V2 - 80 Plus Certified Power Supply. The motherboard is an AS Rock FM2A75M-DGS.

What can I do, are there 12v ATX Molex adaptors?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2013, 02:34 PM   #2
TSF - Enthusiast

My System

Hello,

Post the complete specs of your PC. Motherboard-CPU-Memory-Graphics card

The Power Supply has the required connections: (see red below)
1 x Main connector (20+4Pin)
1 x 4+4 Pin EPS 12V
2 x PCI-E
5 x SATA
4 x Peripheral
1 x Floppy
Old 02-09-2013, 02:36 PM   #3
Registered Member

Just checked the box and it says that this PSU has 1 x EPS/ATX12V Cable 8 Pin. Just too a look and it is actually 2 x ATX 12v connectors clipped together so it just comes apart...........DOH!!! Sorry Post Closed. P.S. Be Aware the SATA Power Connectors on this have a very thin plastic shroud around the connector pins and one of them snapped off when I tried to fit it. What doesn't help it is that all of the cables have a lot of heat shrink and mesh around them which does not make them very pliable, this puts a lot of pressure on the connectors adding to the problem!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2013, 02:39 PM   #4
Registered Member

makinu1der2

We must have been replying at the same time. Thanks.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is this PSU compatible with my Mobo?
Hey everyone, Today I decided to finally get a new PSU for my computer, since I have an XFX GeForce 9600 GSO sitting here(without a 6pin power connector, would it work without one?), and cannot use it with my current 250W PSU. I came across this 600W PSU while shopping on Amazon, and I bought...
tubbsmcfat RAM and Power Supply Support 9 11-29-2011 05:41 AM
Did new PSU kill my mobo?
Hi all, I'm currently suffering through a no-POST situation here, after a PSU upgrade. This is an older budget build, but I wanted a decent 12v rail for this system staying <500W, going to be converted to multi-VM soon and wanted to secure myself compat for a decent graphics card. Relevant...
cimmarion Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 3 11-28-2011 10:00 PM
Is my mobo and psu fried, connected wrong cable, help
Hi, This is my first build, although I have done bits of building in college. I connected everything up and turned on the computer. After a few seconds there was a burning smell, and nothing displaying on the screen. I quickly plugged it out. I have found the problem since, I had...
davidom2513 Building 3 01-11-2011 09:32 AM
Desktop fried, bought new PSU, won't start. Help??
I'm kinda stuck here - my homemade rig is kaput and need help getting it started again. Original problem was that after moving it and hooking it up again I would hit the power switch and get absolutely no response. Opening the case I saw the mobo LED solid-on. If I hit the rocker switch on the...
korbitz Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 1 01-08-2011 02:03 PM
Power Supply Information and Selection
:smile: CHOOSING AND UNDERSTANDING A POWER SUPPLY UNIT The power supply unit in today’s modern computer assumes a role probably more critical than any other single component in your system even when compared to the CPU and motherboard. Therefore, there are multiple factors that must...
Tumbleweed36 RAM and Power Supply Support 0 07-09-2006 03:41 PM