Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

[SOLVED] Is this motherboard suitable for Adobe CS5 Master Collection?

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Is this motherboard suitable for Adobe CS5 Master Collection? within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I looked at the following Tech Support Forum link of suggested builds. https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ly-448272.html I want to build a PC that

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 06:24 AM   #1
bwz
Registered Member

I looked at the following Tech Support Forum link of suggested builds.
https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ly-448272.html

I want to build a PC that -
1. will allow me maximum performance with Adobe CS5 Master Collection,
2. will not slow down with multi applications running at the same time, and
3. will serve me with future Adobe upgrades.

Will I overdo it if I get the following motherboard?

GIGABYTE GA-880GA-UD3H AM3 AMD 880G HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-880GA-UD3H AM3 AMD 880G HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2011, 02:31 PM   #2
Enthusiast

My System

That should serve you well, nice rig.

It is almost impossible to overdue it these days. Sooner or later something new will come out that will tax the current setup. By going above what it needed will give you some future proofing.

Also by buying a board that does not contain all of the components, you can upgrade individual pieces as may be desired.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:20 PM   #3
Emeritus

It is certainly possible to overdue on any component but that Mobo is full featured without all the unneeded bling.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2011, 04:09 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Send a message via MSN to Dblanchard1278 Send a message via Yahoo to Dblanchard1278

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyree View Post
It is certainly possible to overdue on any component but that Mobo is full featured without all the unneeded bling.
Tyree is right about this, you can over do it and this can be a bad thing when companies release new hard ware like ram and such. A side note to the op, since this is for graffix design use 3 x 2gig sticks of ram for a total of 6 gigs.Adobe will use up alot of ram and 4 gigs isn't enough when you have a few windows open but that is a nice motherboard and will serve you well.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:46 PM   #5
bwz
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat mcgroin View Post
That should serve you well, nice rig.
By going above what it needed will give you some future proofing.

Also by buying a board that does not contain all of the components, you can upgrade individual pieces as may be desired.
Thanks. Sounds good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyree View Post
Yay! I don't want unneeded bling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dblanchard1278 View Post
A side note to the op, since this is for graffix design use 3 x 2gig sticks of ram for a total of 6 gigs.Adobe will use up alot of ram and 4 gigs isn't enough when you have a few windows open but that is a nice motherboard and will serve you well.
Having a few windows open was a major concern of mine. Thanks for your help ! I will go for 3x 2gig sticks then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dblanchard1278 View Post
Tyree is right about this, you can over do it and this can be a bad thing when companies release new hard ware like ram and such.
So at this stage for my purposes -Adobe CS5 Master Collection and sound recording - I am not overdoing it with this motherboard ... ?
Old 02-26-2011, 02:36 AM   #6
bwz
Registered Member

This thread is solved then.
Thanks everybody who helped!
Closed Thread