Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] HELP! No Post, no nothing NADA!

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Dregan 
#1 · (Edited)
PLease bear with me my frustration at this PC. I have been a month trying to shake various demons loose, all to no avail.

Here's where I am. I have an Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe mobo with a AMD Athlon 6000+ X2 proc, cooled by a Zalman CNPS9700 LED heatsink and fan. I have 2x2gb OCZ Gold DDR2 800 RAM, and a WD Caviar SE16 500 GB SATA HDD. Lastly, I have a Inno3D Geforce 8600 GT 512MB vid card (I know this is my weak link, but it's what I got for free...) This is all powered by an OCZ GameXStream 700-Watt PSU.

I have attempted reseating the RAM, CPU, heatsink, and vid card. I have replaced the RAM (with 1gb PNY from Worst Buy) and the vidcard with an ATI 1050 (happened to have lying around for a while, had to give it back though) the CPU with a AMD 4600+ X2, the PSU with an Ultra X-Finity 600 Watt PSU, and even the mobo with a crappy ECS GeForce6100SM-M. I am currently back to my original stated config contemplating getting the baseball bat and going Office Space on this thing.

I literally have enough spare parts to build a whole new computer. And I still can't get this thing to post. All fans and lights come on, even the mobo LED, but nothing else. HELP!!!

Thanks in advance!

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: HELP! No Post, no nothing NADA!

OK, I benched it (again, actually) and found two different problems - I had a short to the case which I had missed earlier, (one of the solder leads near the northbridge was a wee bit too long) and one of my OCZ sticks was bad - and I had apperntly not tried both last time I benched it. RMA for that guy pretty quickly, I think.

Boots nice and quick now, and I'm doing a low-level format on the disk right now so's I can gets me some XP on it...

Thanks for you help!

#5 ·
Runs like a violated ape now. Still gonna do some benchmarking, but it loaded WinXP Pro SP2 in about 20 minutes, start to finish.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.