Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

[SOLVED] getting into bios

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] getting into bios within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hi ya all ..hope some one can help...ive dug out an old computer from the loft to use on my

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 05:07 AM   #1
Registered Member

My System

hi ya all ..hope some one can help...ive dug out an old computer from the loft to use on my new smart tv so i can streem movies etc ..ive just fitted a new cpu which is better but i cant find the right button to get into the bios..
system specs
AMD ATHLON 64 3400+...clawhammer...socket754...2200mhz
MB.. WinFast 760gxk8mc....
BIOS..pheonix tech version 6.00PG
MEMORY..ddr 1024mb
nevidia geforce 6600 gt
ive tried all the usual but not found it yet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2012, 07:14 AM   #2
Emeritus

Is the PC a OEM (HP-Dell-etc.) or a custom build?
Are you certain that CPU is compatible with that Mobo/Bios?
Can you get to the Bios when the old CPU is installed?
That Mobo is made by Foxconn but there "network is busy".

Old 02-19-2012, 01:12 AM   #3
Registered Member

My System

Hi I found it ..its a custom build..the key to get into the bios is the delete key haven't used that one before ...now Ive found it how or wot do I change to speed up the cpu the bios is diffrent I've never seen one like this before
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2012, 06:33 AM   #4
Emeritus

If you're referring to OC'ing the CPU: https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...rs-232382.html

Old 02-22-2012, 11:47 AM   #5
Registered Member

My System

hi read your link, i understand you need to be carefull but its an old computer and i only need it to stream movies to the tv, that sound like a long winded affair i was hoping to change a couple of setting/mhz, volts for the cpu, just to get a bit more umph ...dont need a mad oc just a couple of hundred mhz, cpu is a single core amd athlon 64 running at 2.2meg was hoping to take it to 2.4/5 ...also it will be my first oc as all other comps are oem and cant be done..bit of practise really
Old 02-22-2012, 12:32 PM   #6
Emeritus

Small increments of OC'ing won't show any improvement.
Try it as is and see how it goes.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:39 AM   #7
Registered Member

My System

Ive read all the links i understand now how it works and what to look for, so going to have a go at the weekend...very good and useful links and i think i know what to do..its an old comp so does not matter if i kill it...good practice lol..thanks for all your advice been very helpful
Old 02-23-2012, 03:27 PM   #8
Emeritus

You're welcome and good luck.

Closed Thread