Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

[SOLVED] Coolers on Sleep mode

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Coolers on Sleep mode within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I own ASRock Conroe1333-1394 motherboard, my BIOS is American Megatrends Inc., version P1.40. Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 @

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 12:46 PM   #1
Registered Member

I own ASRock Conroe1333-1394 motherboard,
my BIOS is American Megatrends Inc., version P1.40.
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2.13 GHz
GPU NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

My problem is that coolers don't turn off on stand by (sleep) mode. On my previous motherboard they did. I have googled the problem and people say that they had the same problem and changed some "sleep mode" in BIOS from S1 to S3 (I have no idea what those things mean), and then they had their coolers turn off on sleep. I can't seem to find that option in BIOS and don't wanna poke around in it since I'm not that BIOS savvy. I don't even know if I have that option on my motherboard.

Does anyone know if this board has that option, and if not, do you know any other ways to get my god damn coolers to stop working on sleep?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Published: How to use Safe Mode on an Android Device
How to use Safe Mode on an Android Device If you have ever owned or used a Window’s PC, you have most likely seen or heard about Safe Mode. Safe Mode is basically stripped back version of the operating system. It enables only the key files that are necessary for the OS to run. All other programs...
Masterchiefxx17 Dead-Sea Scrolls 28 05-13-2013 07:42 AM
System fails to boot after placing in sleep mode
I'm running Win 7 Pro on a system using an ASUS P5Q Pro motherboard. Whenever I'm away from the computer for an extended time, I always go to Start and put it in sleep mode. I've never had a problem with it waking back up and resuming until today. I had to leave the house for a while, so placed...
Stjamesg8 Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 1 02-11-2013 10:53 PM
Sleep mode
Hey everyone, So i hit sleep mode last night before bed, and have returned from uni to find my computer not booting. Powered on, but not booting. It was working fine last night. When i power it on, all the fans start up normally, then a click, at which point BIOS would usually start. Instead, it...
medic1de Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 1 11-17-2011 09:38 AM
Laptop in dual monitor mode wakes from sleep mode with settings change
Hi There! Been some time since my last visit. Had a good vacation, enjoying the warm weather, blah blah blah. My post here is not about a true problem but more of an annoyance. Here is the setup: I have my Toshiba laptop running Win 7 HP connected to my Acer H233H monitor via a DVI...
Laptop Daddy Laptop Support 8 07-20-2011 09:55 PM
cannot manually go into sleep mode now?
I used to be able to select "sleep mode" from the "shut down menu" and it would power down and the Power LED would flash and to wake the computer, just a click of the mouse and it would wake and all the applications I had open before would load. Now, I select sleep mode manually and the computer...
tech_no Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 10 03-23-2011 06:26 AM