Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] Cant Boot into Windows after BIOS update& reset

4K views 19 replies 2 participants last post by  visseroth 
#1 ·
Couple hours ago i updated my BIOS with @BIOS. After the update i restarted my computer and it would not boot i had a blank screen. The fans worked but the motherboard was dead and unresponsive. I could tell because non of the lights from my LAN were flashing.

I figured it was something to do with the update so i reset the CMOS. i pulled out the battery and reset it to default like that. Now my computer boots and i can get into BIOS. However, it boots half way when it gets to Loading Windows screen it will freeze and restarts itself.

I tried to boot with both of the Fail-safe defaults and Optimized defaults; it did not solve the problem. because i was booting so much i think that my load_cmos_from_bios got over written and i cant get my old settings back.

I have never set up a bios before and i had a store set it up for me when i bought the computer. What can i do to fix this?

motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-H67M-D2-B3
Intel i5 2400 socket (1155) H67 integrated graphics [no vid card].
SATA's: 1 HDD and 1 DVDRW (no raid or anything like that)
8GB RAM

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: Cant Boot into Windows after BIOS update& reset

OK, it sounds like you may have flashed it with the wrong BIOS update. You need to either make sure you have the correct update to flash back to a previous version.
What make, model and version is your motherboard.

#4 ·

Resetting the CMOS will only reset the values that have already been configured. Resetting the CMOS is a good start to troubleshooting which is why you got it to boot but won't resolve the issue if you flashed it with the wrong BIOS update. The fact that it's even booting means you may be one of the fortunate few.

#5 ·

wow that sounds like i skrewed it up really bad. Atleast i can get it to boot to windows recovery but all it does is send me back to restart. Where can i find the correct flash bios, and how do i put it in?

#16 ·

ahh, never mind, I see what is going on. You will need to create a bootable flash drive booting to DOS because the flash update is 4MB which is to big for a floppy. Extract the contents of the zip archive to the flash drive and then boot your machine to the flash drive. Once booted it should auto execute your file and ask you the necessary questions to update it.
Boot From A USB Flash/Pen/Key Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.