Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

[SOLVED] Booting Problem

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Booting Problem within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey guys, I am having a bit of trouble booting up my computer So basically yesterday, I left my computer

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 07:28 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hey guys, I am having a bit of trouble booting up my computer

So basically yesterday, I left my computer idle and then all of a sudden it restarted (No programs were running). Now when I try to turn on my computer, The CPU/GPU (I have an APU) fan spins extremely fast, but the power doesn't light up nor the computer turns on 9/10 times. BUT when it does turn on on the 1/10 attempt, The computer, so far works completely fine. Can someone tell me what's going on? I was playing a CPU demanding game (GTA IV) yesterday but other than my CPU reaching 55C, everything else was fine. The problem happened when I exited it and left it idle? Is one of my hardware parts dying out (Possibly PSU/APU?)

Here's my specifications:
Motherboard: AX3470 Motherboard (Acer)
PSU: 220W (Don't know the brand)
HDD: 1TB
APU: AMD A6 3620 at 2.20GHZ with integrated HD 6530d
RAM: 2x 2048MB DDR3 Ram cards

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2014, 08:18 AM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi and welcome to TSF I would look at the psu as a possible culprit

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:00 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks for the reply, I'll look into it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2014, 11:46 AM   #4
Registered Member

Alright, I opened up my computer to have a closer look at my PSU and A LOT of dust fell out. After cleaning out the dust, I haven't had this problem! Thanks for your help.

Also how do you mark this as solved?
Old 08-15-2014, 11:49 AM   #5
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Glad to hear it is now working OK.

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BSOD hardware problem HELP!
Hi guys! After spending a hell of a time searching for a clue why my PC is acting so strange i think i am on the right track, but still need your help so let me present you the situation. My new pc configured by me 1 month ago: Pentium Ivy Bridge G2020 2.9ghz MB Gigabyte Z77X-DH3 (F16...
marmarerosu BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 42 04-04-2013 12:02 AM
Toshiba Blue Screens and Freezes
Hello, I've been getting BSODs and constant freezes for a while now. They started happening right after my laptop was forcibly turned off by a dead battery. OS - Windows 7 64-bit Windows 7 OEM version (came pre-installed on system) Age of system (hardware) 2 years (2010) Age of...
Orbacedo BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 4 11-14-2012 06:06 PM
Booting Problem due to new external hard disk
I recently purchased Seagate External Hard disk and initially i disabled USB Devices to Disabled state while Booting. Then what problem i am getting now is : Broadcom Ethernet v7.78 somthing comes in screen..again it boots..I just went to BIOS Settings and changed USB Devices Disabled while...
sdineshkumar Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 2 11-02-2011 05:26 AM
Booting problem.
Hi there everyone, I was recently using my computer and i moved the monitor, only to hear a sort of sparking sound, which resulted in my computer instantly turning off. Since then, when i turn it on, or try and boot in safe mode i get a blue screen with this error: STOP: 0x00000024...
thomascjhitchco Windows XP Support 3 05-03-2011 10:03 AM
Booting Problem
I recently ran into a problem while playing a game. I would be in the middle of the game and would get a full computer freeze (not one I could tab out of) so I would have to manually reboot my system with the front power button. Upon doing this it would not reboot again. I got no signal to my...
Lukta Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 26 01-25-2011 04:38 PM