07-01-2011, 12:09 PM
Join Date: Sep 2008
OS: w7 x64
So my pc is acting very weird.
First of, my hdd keeps dissapearing. My hdd is only used for storage of downloaded files. It is not the boot drive. Sometimes when i download files, the hdd will suddenly disappear. For no reason. It seems like the hdd only disappear when its being used. I dont know why.
So i decided to open up my pc and change sata ports. So i did, and now my pc startup is really slow. Most of the time it get stuck for a while on the motherboard startup screen (where it says ASUS bla bla bla). When it finally loads up windows and stuff, windows says i need to restart the pc to make these changes. What changes? since i basically "reinstalled" my hdd by changing cables and stuff the hdd installs and guess this is the "changes" i need to restart for... When i restart, the hdd dissapears again. Note: Pc still boots very slowly.
What is happening???
To sum up
- Hdd starts to fail / randomly disappearing
- Decided to change cables and stuff
- Pc all of a sudden starts to boot slowly
- When i succesfully boots, i need to reboot pc due to installation of my hdd...
- After rebooting my hdd disappeard
- I7-930 QUAD CORE @ 2.8 ghz stock
- HD 5870 "XXX"
- 12GB Corsair dominator
- ASUS P6T SE
- Corsair 750w
- 1TB Hitachi (boot drive, fully working)
- 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200. 12 (storage drive, faulty, disappears)
I REALLY hope this isnt a hardware fault. I will shortly reinstall and format both of my drives as fast as i can, but i need an aditional drive to hold my files as i format.
Thanks for any help i can get