Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

User Tag List

Sleep Mode

This is a discussion on Sleep Mode within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi all, I am having an interesting problem with this PC. I have it set to go to sleep after

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 08:03 PM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Hi all,

I am having an interesting problem with this PC. I have it set to go to sleep after 30 minutes, which it appears to. I have also tried manually putting it to sleep with the same results.

When it goes into sleep mode, the screen shuts off and the LED on the tower blinks slowly at a constant rate. The problem is that the fans continue spinning and can only be shut off if the PC is placed into hibernate or shut off.

I checked the BIOS and it is set to S3 with ACPI 2.0 and USB wake up enabled.

It wakes fine, clicking or pressing a button on the keyboard turns the monitor on and spins up the HDD.

I have tried everything that I know of but I just can't get the fans to turn off.

It is rather old but is still functioning fine so far.
SPECS:

Asus P5k-E
E8400
GTX460
4gb Corsair XMS2
550W Corsair PSU
500gb Seagate HDD

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2018, 02:32 AM   #2
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

Ok, there is a CPU Fan and Chassis fan(s), unless you have a Fan regulator (or your Mobo support built-in regulation of the chassis fan), Chassis/System fans usually run at full RPM and are not controlled.

If you're system does not heat much and is way below in temperature, you can manually set the threshold speed of your Chassis/system fan in the BIOS.. Do not mess with the CPU Fan settings

Old 03-07-2018, 11:00 AM   #3
Troubled

Most of the time fan does not stop, when your computer over heated for any reason. For over heating there are many reasons.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] BSOD Win7 Laptop - when entering Sleep mode
I have had seven BSODs since 12/14, all of them happening when the laptop is going into sleep mode. I say there have been seven because I have found seven .dmp files since 12/14. Each of them are for IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, with check code 0x0000000a. The driver is ntoskrnl.exe for each of...
scatr BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 16 05-08-2015 02:43 AM
SSD very Slow after Sleep Mode
Hi, I just installed a brand new Samsung 256GB EVO Pro SSD into a system and installed on the drive is Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit. (8GB of RAM - Desktop PC) The system is running smoothly, however, when the PC enters sleep mode things change. It enters sleep mode just fine, but when resuming...
Masterchiefxx17 Windows 8, 8.1 Support 13 03-24-2015 01:01 AM
[SOLVED] Coolers on Sleep mode
I own ASRock Conroe1333-1394 motherboard, my BIOS is American Megatrends Inc., version P1.40. Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2.13 GHz GPU NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT My problem is that coolers don't turn off on stand by (sleep) mode. On my previous motherboard they did. I have googled the...
mare011 Motherboards, Bios & CPU 0 10-30-2014 12:46 PM
Laptop in dual monitor mode wakes from sleep mode with settings change
Hi There! Been some time since my last visit. Had a good vacation, enjoying the warm weather, blah blah blah. My post here is not about a true problem but more of an annoyance. Here is the setup: I have my Toshiba laptop running Win 7 HP connected to my Acer H233H monitor via a DVI...
Laptop Daddy Laptop Support 8 07-20-2011 09:55 PM
cannot manually go into sleep mode now?
I used to be able to select "sleep mode" from the "shut down menu" and it would power down and the Power LED would flash and to wake the computer, just a click of the mouse and it would wake and all the applications I had open before would load. Now, I select sleep mode manually and the computer...
tech_no Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 10 03-23-2011 06:26 AM