Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

User Tag List

scsi hard drive changed by sta hard drive

This is a discussion on scsi hard drive changed by sta hard drive within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hi friends, please i just join this forum,i don t have a lot experience with computers maintenance.I have a dell

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2018, 03:18 PM   #1
Registered Member

hi friends,
please i just join this forum,i don t have a lot experience with computers maintenance.I have a dell unit with a scsi hard drive.my hard drive damged (got medium error).I tried to change it by an sata hard drive.I restored the image of my unit on the sata hard drive(i connected the sata hard drive on the motherboard and i did the restore image with success).i tried to boot the computer from the sata hard drive but I could not.I looked on the bios boot sequence I found that the onboard sata hard drive is not preceded by a number.so i can not boot from the sata hard drive.why during the back up the sata hard drive was detected and when i try to boot from it,it was not detected.how to fix this problem/
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2018, 03:00 AM   #2
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

Welcome to TSF.

Which operating system are you trying to restore?
Old 08-28-2018, 07:07 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stancestans View Post
Welcome to TSF.

Which operating system are you trying to restore?
hi friend,
I try to restore windows xp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2018, 08:31 AM   #4
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by timalg View Post
hi friend,
I try to restore windows xp
Suspected as much. I left XP ages ago, so I may not feel much inclined to follow it through to success, but I'll leave links below with steps that hopefully will get it booting again. You'll need Windows XP installation media to access the Recovery Console to be able to perform those steps, so I hope you have one available.

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-repa...ows-xp-2624512

https://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=5836

https://www.google.com/search?q=repa...t=firefox-b-ab

Let us know if you encounter any errors along the way and state them in detail so we can advice further.
Closed Thread