Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

Reusing old CPU on ASUS A8N-VM Motherboard

This is a discussion on Reusing old CPU on ASUS A8N-VM Motherboard within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Reusing old CPU on ASUS A8N-VM Motherboard I have an ASUS A8N-VM Motherboard that I want to install on a

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 07:08 PM   #1
Registered Member

Reusing old CPU on ASUS A8N-VM Motherboard

I have an ASUS A8N-VM Motherboard that I want to install on a new computer with an old
an old AMD Athlon XP 2800+. I also bought an AMD 3000+ Socket 939. So I have a few questions.

Can I use the 2800+ instead and return the 3000+? Can I buy a socket 939 adapter if I need it for the 2800+. is the 2800+ an AMD64 also? If I reuse the 2800+ how would I wipe off the old thermal paste to apply the new one? Would the Vantec thermal paste I have left over work fine? Are there any guides on installing old CPUs I can use as a reference?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2006, 07:28 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

Hi,

The adapter is out of the question, so that answers most of your questions. Sell your 2800+ on Ebay and then get this socket 939 going.
Closed Thread