Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

Power SUply Enermax

This is a discussion on Power SUply Enermax within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi all, Any of you guys know how to test if my power Supply i'ts ok ? All weeks I

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 04:30 AM   #1

Hi all,

Any of you guys know how to test if my power Supply i'ts ok ?

All weeks I get an error on some ide harddrive , but the harddrive it's ok when I use an USB2 to IDE Box.

I have p4p800-e deluxe (New one).

Thanks..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2005, 06:05 AM   #2

I have got this volts from bios

12V = 10.2
5V = 4.3
3,3V = 3.376
Vcore = 1,552 V

Is IT Normal ?
Old 07-20-2005, 04:18 PM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Send a message via MSN to linderman
Wink

Welcome to TSF:

The 12Volt power should not drop that low !! Time for a new unit / save yourself alot of headaches and get atleast a 450watt or better = 550watt / stay with either the enermax or the antec / just remember ~~ you get what you pay for !!!! the new systems are real power hogs and VERY sensitive to erratic power.

The power supply is by FAR the most underated component in the system / everybody buys great mobo, kick *** CPU and hard drives then throw in a crapper generic PSU / save yourself the agrevation / youll be happy as hell in the end !!!!!

regards

joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2005, 05:21 PM   #4
TSF Team Emeritus

My System

yeah, if those values are correct, then the 12v and the 5v are dangerously low.

however, you might check them with a voltmeter, at one of the power supply's output leads.

sometimes (rarely) the bios reads it wrong.

if this is the case, your power supply might be fine.

if it's reading low on a voltmeter, then definately replace it.

(ps, a voltmeter is a good tool to have, and you can get a cheapie for 10-15$ at almost any large hardware stores. like fred meyer or something)
Old 07-21-2005, 01:14 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltSide
yeah, if those values are correct, then the 12v and the 5v are dangerously low.

however, you might check them with a voltmeter, at one of the power supply's output leads.

sometimes (rarely) the bios reads it wrong.

if this is the case, your power supply might be fine.

if it's reading low on a voltmeter, then definately replace it.

(ps, a voltmeter is a good tool to have, and you can get a cheapie for 10-15$ at almost any large hardware stores. like fred meyer or something)

Thanks booth guys for your response, I have to say that I was using Enermax power suply 560 W (bought 4 years ago).

The hard drives not recognized by the system are recognized when I use a External USB2.0 to IDE box. SO I assume that the hard drives are OK !

I can not connect two hard Drives ate the same IDE bus, I mean Master and Slave because the system doesn't starts, I get the Hard disk ligths in the box ON and the system doesn't starts. But I can connect one in the first Master IDE1 and the Other to the Second IDE2 Master and all is OK. The problem is that at this moment The system doesn't starts if I connect more then one hard drive.

I think POwer suply can not power the IDE Busses and this is the reason why hard drives are not recognized.

I forget to say that my mobo last week was the p4p800 deluxe, and on monday I bought the new one p4p800-E deluxe and I have the same problems.

Yesterday Windows XP starts and I installed the ASUS Probe soft. I the Values of this Voltages was a little more higher. FOr example the 12V with probe says that I have 10,8 or 10,9 , sometimes 11 v

As well I have to say that once when I connected booth disc at the same IDE I get the message in the screen PRIMARY MASTER IS S.M.A.R.T and the system doesn't starts.

The system sometimes starts and sometimes doesn't.

My DIsk are Western digital 80 and 120 gigas, Maxtro diammond plus9 80 and 120 gigas

What do you think ?

Best regards
Old 07-21-2005, 08:40 AM   #6
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

change the supply before it goes completely and takes the rest of the computer with it

Old 07-21-2005, 03:38 PM   #7
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Send a message via MSN to linderman
Amen Dai !!!

I am sitting here just cringing at all the restarts and crashes and reconfigurations / sooner or later something has got to FRY !!! Low voltage / Low amperage is no joke !!!! it will kill components quickly and your warranty doesnt cover that !

New enermax or antec / 550 watt if you can afford !!!

regards

joe
Closed Thread