Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

POST error message'System failed due to CPU overclocking' on startup

This is a discussion on POST error message'System failed due to CPU overclocking' on startup within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I've just finished putting together my new rig and when I started it up for the first time i

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 01:33 PM   #1

Confused

Hi, I've just finished putting together my new rig and when I started it up for the first time i get a vocal POST message saying 'System failed due to CPU overclocking'.
I dont really understand that since all the components are new and boxed. Here's the configuration.

Asus A8V Deluxe mobo
A64 3500+
2x512mb Corsair3200C2PT
Aopen 256mb 6800GT VGA card
Hitachi Deskstar 7k250
Samsung Dvd-rom.
The heatsink is a stock AMD one supplied with the CPU and I used Antec Silver Thermal compound on it after cleaning out the thermal pad on it.

Tried resetting the BIOS with no luck. Am at my wits end.

RedE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2004, 01:42 AM   #2

Do you have a decent PSU? That 6800GT will be competing with the CPU for amps on the 12V rail.
Old 10-16-2004, 09:59 PM   #3

I'm having the same exact problem with almost the same exact set up (with a amd fx-53 939 instead) and at the same wits end. I've got a 550 watt psu feeding everything so that shouldnt be a problem. I've tried two different mobo's, two different cpu's, ram works fine in my other computer.. I've reset the bios, nothing is supposed to be overclocked, the cpu/fan heatsink are seated properly... gah.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2004, 10:09 PM   #4

The fix
Old 11-02-2004, 10:34 PM   #5

Editted...reread your post it was 6am so I'm using that as an excuse...I originally moved the RAM, but not to the slot you suggested, having tried that, it at least boots now...However, this pretty much suggests a motherboard fault since I know full well the RAM is fine, and as you point out the manual instructions suggest this is the way to go...

[Old Msg]
My Setup contains: Asus A8V Deluxe, Athlon 64 3500+ Socket 939, 2 matched pairs of Corsair 512Mb 3200 RAM with Radeon X800 Pro.

As the original poster, i've reset the BIOS, and everything is straight out of the box so no overclocking. I've mailed ASUS Tech support and the company I ordered from, as I've not got spares to swap either mobo or CPU, everything else has tested out fine in my alternate comp.
Old 11-02-2004, 11:40 PM   #6

Just tried the ASUS Beta Bios Update 1008.002 and still nothing has changed...

Is this just the most frustrating thing? :) Its like Santa taking back his pressies the night after xmas ;) *grins*

Jair
Closed Thread