Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

Please Help - Original BIOS version?

This is a discussion on Please Help - Original BIOS version? within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Can somebody please tell me what the original Bios version was for the HP Pavillion w5029fr? I currently have version

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 02:49 AM   #1

Can somebody please tell me what the original Bios version was for the HP Pavillion w5029fr? I currently have version 3.47 but since updating it I am having problems. I cannot find any useful information on the HP website. Please Help!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2008, 04:23 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddyperry View Post
Can somebody please tell me what the original Bios version was for the HP Pavillion w5029fr? I currently have version 3.47 but since updating it I am having problems. I cannot find any useful information on the HP website. Please Help!!!
HP BIOS files are from HP. They are the ONLY source for these files. I'm afraid you are going to have to contact them for support.

What problems are you having with the current BIOS update?

Bill
Old 01-23-2008, 05:52 AM   #3

thank you for your response, Icannot find any previous bios versions on the HP site and they are not too helpful by phone either!! I am having trouble with XP it will not load after a re-installation. the only thing I have changed is the BIOS as this was suggested to me before I fitted more RAM memory. I have gone through system recovery 15 times now and yet it just freezes. The bios can be the only problem as nothiing else has changed? Perhaps I am speaking nonsense - I really do not know? Could updating the BIOS really mess everything up so badly?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2008, 07:18 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddyperry View Post
thank you for your response, Icannot find any previous bios versions on the HP site and they are not too helpful by phone either!! I am having trouble with XP it will not load after a re-installation. the only thing I have changed is the BIOS as this was suggested to me before I fitted more RAM memory. I have gone through system recovery 15 times now and yet it just freezes. The bios can be the only problem as nothiing else has changed? Perhaps I am speaking nonsense - I really do not know? Could updating the BIOS really mess everything up so badly?
When you upgraded the BIOS did you enter the BIOS immediately after the update and set the BIOS to "System Defaults"? If you have not reset the BIOS sense upgrading? You need to do it now, before you make it worse.

HTH

Bill
Old 01-20-2011, 09:32 AM   #5
Registered Member

I own a sony vaio VGN-AW11M/h and i updated its BIOS and its messing around with my battery, and i am looking for its original BIOS but had no luck finding it no where and not even on the sony website so can anybody please help me ??
Closed Thread