Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

PLEASE help me with Asus P4PE problem...

This is a discussion on PLEASE help me with Asus P4PE problem... within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hi All I want to do is replace my 3 PATA with 2 SATA drives, without using a RAID array.

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 05:12 AM   #1

hi

All I want to do is replace my 3 PATA with 2 SATA drives, without using a RAID array.

However, it seems that I can't just plug them in and off I go.

I have to enable RAID/SATA in BIOS (which enables the Promise 376 Fasttrak controller chip).

It seems I then have to set up an array - if I just skip this request, the drives don't appear to the mboard BIOS (and therefore to windows).

Am I missing something or this just how it is ?

The only workaround I could do was set up each SATA drive as a 1+0 array - can anyone tell what this means & what are the potential problems/performance issues ?

Much appreciated

swayzak
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2007, 02:37 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Send a message via MSN to linderman

read your hard drive thread
Old 07-19-2007, 02:49 PM   #3

thanks - will do !
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ASUS P4B266LM Problem - Sony PC
All, I have a Sony PCV-RX203 desktop PC with an Intel P4 2.0GHz chip and Asus P4B266LM motherboard. I want to flash the BIOS, and from my searching on the Sony support site, it appears that there are no upgrades to the BIOS for this motherboard (currently running 1002). After speaking to...
GhettoChild Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 2 03-28-2006 08:22 AM
Not sure if SATA HDD or ASUS MOBO configuration problem?
Hi everybody! I'm new to this forum, and am in need of some help. I look forward to becoming acquanted with all of you out there on this forum. But right now I'm kind of stressed out by this problem builing a new PC I need to complete. :dead: I've got a ASUS P5ND2-SLI Socket T (LGA 775)...
m.j Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 3 02-01-2006 11:30 AM
ASUS P5GDC-V Deluxe Graphic Driver and Mic problem
I have two problems: First, my microphone although set up with the loudest volume setting does not pick up my voice. An ASUS tech person advised to install windows article https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=733dd867-56a0-4956-b7fe-e85b688b7f86&displaylang=en after...
Siberianmission Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 1 12-02-2004 09:00 PM
Asus P4c800 Deluxe Power Usb Problem
Hello! I've an asus p4c800 deluxe, I have a problem with all 8 usb ports When I try to connect my usb pen the led on usb doesn't blink. If I try with another port I have the same problem. My operating system is Windows XP pro SP2, the usb ports are recognize correctly by window xp. I suppose...
opendore Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 6 11-30-2004 12:41 PM
ASUS P4C800ED "New CPU Installed!" Boot Message Problem Resolved?
I just built a new system with the following specs: 3.0GGZ (northwood) ASUS P4C800E-Deluxe 1GB Crucial/micron ddr400 (2x512MB) Antec 380W truepower (sonata case) Matrox G400 Terratec EWSMT88 audio card Adaptec 2940 SCSI card
thisguy Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 0 10-01-2004 02:30 AM