Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

User Tag List

PC won't boot

This is a discussion on PC won't boot within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. PC won't boot Hey all. So about 4 months ago I installed a new motherboard and ram. I've had no

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 09:20 PM   #1
Registered Member

PC won't boot
Hey all. So about 4 months ago I installed a new motherboard and ram. I've had no problems with them until last night the PC suddenly froze and then shut off and now when I try to boot GPU will light up and LEDs inside the case but display will show no signal and mouse/keyboard will not power up. Also the EZ debug is lighting up red for the CPU.

Here's what I've tried I've reseated the ram and CPU to no prevail tried the ram in different slots still no prevail. Checked the CPU for any bent pins looked good to me. Tried to reset the cmos. I didn't have a jumper but I heard a screwdriver would work too so I used that still nothing. I've also tried holding down the power button after unplugging the power cord and nothing.

I'm completely lost at this point I have no idea what else to try everything should be working fine as the MOBO and ram are relatively brand new.

On a side note I'm not getting any beeps from the MOBO when starting the PC but all LEDs on the mobo work perfectly, same with fans.

Any solutions and help would be greatly appreciated.

SPECS:
Nvida Titan xp
Intel I7 8700k
Corsair vengeance 16gb LPX ddr4 3100
Thermaltake smart 750w 80plus bronze
Z370 gaming pro carbon MOBO

Full Version
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2018, 01:47 AM   #2
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

A bad/faulty PSU is also a possibility. Get/borrow a known-working PSU to test with and eliminate it as the problem.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Laptop Ignores request for Boot Menu
I'm not exactly sure where this post should go. My actually problem does not lie within any actual OS but I believe to be in a BIOS issue. Due to the main OS i was messing around in to be Linux (Windows is actually installed on the main HDD), I will post here in Linux forums. I am going to start...
TimeStamp12 Linux Support 2 10-10-2013 01:15 AM
Reboot and select proper Boot System
Hey, I just built my first PC got it to turn on, and it brought me to my mother board bios settings/setup I didn't know what to do there so I just set the date and time and saved it, it then restarted my computer and a message popped up saying ''Reboot and select proper boot system or insert boot...
Galelao Motherboards, Bios & CPU 3 09-26-2013 02:14 PM
Win32.downloader.gen found by spybot
Hi there, I just ran my Spybot program and it found Win32.downloader.gen. After it ran I checked fix problems button. It showed that it fixed it, but I want to make sure. I have run the gmer and dds programs and will attach them for you. My computer has been running slow also. Thank you in...
garquillo Resolved HJT Threads 19 08-24-2013 05:40 PM
0X000000F4
Hello- Randomly my HP Pavilion running XP crashes with: 0X000000F4 0X000000003 0X8ACC9298 .... Any Clues- I ran all hardware tests with no issues. Thanks, Jeff
jfuchs10 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 9 08-15-2012 07:52 AM