Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

User Tag List

PC intermittantly will not wake from sleep mode

This is a discussion on PC intermittantly will not wake from sleep mode within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I am running an Optiplex 980 with 12GB ram, i7 processor. I am using the on board video; about 4

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 07:57 AM   #1
Registered Member

I am running an Optiplex 980 with 12GB ram, i7 processor. I am using the on board video; about 4 times out of 10, the system will not wake up using the mouse or keyboard. I have to push power button in and it boots. An led is blinking which I think means sleep mode.
Any suggestion to troubleshoot this?
Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2019, 08:25 PM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Are you running all of the latest system drivers as well as the latest BIOS for your PC?
Old 02-03-2019, 08:14 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. I went to Dell support and had them scan my pc for needed updates and found that I needed a bios update from 2018. Mine was 2011 so I now have installed the update. I will see if that fixes my issue...Thanks again..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2019, 06:29 AM   #4
Registered Member

If that doesn't solve your problem then go into power options and choose high performance
Old 03-02-2019, 07:37 AM   #5
Registered Member

Issue seems to be fixed...thanks
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sleep Mode Doesn't Wake Up Properly...
Hi all, When I click the sleep button my computer seems to go into sleep mode successfully however when I hit a keyboard key or wiggle the mouse to wake it the tower fans & motherboard lights switch on but there is no picture or sound from my monitor. I have to hit the reset button which does a...
joe7894 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 2 01-04-2014 10:15 AM
random sleep mode
Hi my comp just suddenly started going into sleep mode every few minutes even while doing stuff. In the event viewer it says sleep mode activated by button or lid yet I have never set the comp up to do this and it was not doing it before. my keyboard has been losing functionality recently but i can...
Makijo Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 11 11-11-2013 12:34 AM
Buying advice for new laptop please
I am looking to buy a new laptop for my programming major at university. Thus, it has to be a very robust machine, with adequate cooling, 1920x1080 resolution and easy maintenance (easy to add and remove SATA II hdds). Which brand should I get? Please help me decide from this list: ALTERNATE ...
12311 Laptop Support 13 10-22-2013 09:34 AM
[SOLVED] Win7 monitor Sleep mode
Hello! I am using Gateway i3 Win7 home premium and due to a virus that infected my computer when I downloaded 7zip I had to restore to factory settings, and since then my computer goes into sleep mode every 5 min, I have fixed this issue I set sleep mode and monitor display to "Never". But my...
Spedaval Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 3 10-08-2013 07:34 PM
Laptop (ASUS X58C) won't waken from sleep mode
Hi, I have a ASUS X58C laptop that won't waken from sleep mode. When I switch unit on the splash screen comes up and it looks like it is starting up normally, but then the screen goes blank. I still have a back light and the cursor is still visible, but when I touch the keyboard or mouse pad...
007juk Laptop Support 42 11-17-2011 03:51 AM