Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

User Tag List

PC Freezing and Slow Before Boot

This is a discussion on PC Freezing and Slow Before Boot within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey guys.... working on a clients PC, and a bit weird here, havent had many issues over the years like

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 06:34 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hey guys.... working on a clients PC, and a bit weird here, havent had many issues over the years like this.
  • You start the PC
  • It freezes forever on the startup screen while it says press Delete or F2 for setup
  • When you press either, no response but takes about 10+ minutes to get to to the BIOS screen, where I dont see anything usual
  • With this, can I even do a memtest or any other test, seems more like a MB or memory failure?

Any suggestions will be great help, thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2019, 07:11 PM   #2
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

I would reset the BIOS back to default, and then disable any unused ports/features.

The HDD timer for boards that support IDE drives (or when using SATA to IDE adapters with no drive attached for example) can cause boot delays while waiting for a drive to respond. The same would apply to other ports as well if they are faulty.

Old 03-02-2019, 06:22 AM   #3
Registered Member

Had a similar issue. Replacing ram solved it for me.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Constant Freezing, Slow and Unresponsive
Hello forum, These are my computer specs: Nvidia GTX 460 Intel i3 Processor 4 GB Ram Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium - - -
nvladd BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 0 10-12-2013 07:22 AM
Laptop running slow and keeps freezing
Ive done a disk clean, de frag, registry clean and Malware bytes. All issues found were cleaned but its still running slow and freezing. Its usually when i try to do to many things. Im having to open 1 page at a time. Sometimes i get a message saying "high memory usage, close and re open...
sassykate Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 2 01-10-2013 05:03 PM
Very slow boot and freezing at times
I have a Dell Studio 1555 laptop with Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. Since a week suddenly the boot times have increased a lot. Even during running the computer freezes at times and then comes back to normal. I have removed temp files, removed firewall software, scanned for virus and malware but no...
astrooptics Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 6 11-09-2011 11:24 AM
Slow, catastrophic failure, format and reinstall, now fails to boot.
Alright, these are two posts that I made on a different Windows 7 forum. Just trying to spread my effort to get the most replies possible. The first one was posted about a week ago after a few days of various issues leading up to catastrophic failure of the PC. The second post that I post as a...
TheNilvarg BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 2 08-29-2011 01:52 AM
slugish freezing slow boot
AMD phenom X6 1090t asrock m3a770de 8gigs ddr3 x fire hd 5850s graphics cards 2TB 1TBx2 sataWD caviar blackI dont know whats going on here my computer works fine for a few days and then it begins to run sluggish, starts freezing and then when i reboot it takes about 15 minutes to do anything...
M24solutions Motherboards, Bios & CPU 4 07-26-2011 08:28 PM