Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

User Tag List

Pc freeze i restart it and then no display and not working

This is a discussion on Pc freeze i restart it and then no display and not working within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hi all, thanks in advance for help < i had my computer running good since this morning, i pulled out

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 10:39 AM   #1
Registered Member

hi all, thanks in advance for help
< i had my computer running good since this morning, i pulled out the front storage thing because i have a big tower a »ARMOR case tower and there is a small storage unit in the front, i remove it to clean it and after i replaced it the computer frozen, i have a logitech keyboard with screen and i can see the cpu and ram usage it was frozen there, mouse was frozen etc, so i restarted the computer but when i restarted it it would give no display, there is a light on my cd reader that keep flashing also. <<
i cant hear no bip sound ive done good research about and im not a noob about computer
<i removed video card, tried to clean it, removed ram, removed everything, even hard drive and power up the tower,
all fan power on, even when i put back the graphic card , all fan are working, power suply is brand new, cpu is not that old its a fx8350, i have 12g ram in it and the hard drive is a bit old, and the motherboard also same age of hard drive<

so my problem is i have no dispolay, no bip sound, i dont know what to do now, i suspect its a motherboard problem. but i canrt be sure<<< i pulled out the battery also, no chance, still the same.

i have a fx8350, 12 g of ram, a r9 270x and the motherboard is a am3+ ultra durable
also there is light coming out to my mouse when i power it or even when its shut down light keep on on my mouse but there is no light coming to my keyboard,

PLEASE HELP, THANKS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2018, 10:41 AM   #2
Registered Member

i have windows 7, i tried also to remove the battery from the »MB», no chance, 1 of the fan on my graphic card is also not working but this should not be a problem because there is 2 of them on the heatsink. so the card should work.
the comptuer all fan, cpu fan and gpu fan is on, but no light on the keyboard and my mouse light still stay on even when the comptuer is shut off im very annoyed
Old 02-20-2018, 11:44 AM   #3
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team

The question I have to ask is; did you removed "front storage thing" (what ever that is" while your PC was turned on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2018, 11:47 AM   #4
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team

Please list all your hardware by Brand/make/model. Example: a am3+ ultra durable.....that tells us absolutely nothing other than it's a AMD mobo. It should look like this: Gigabyte (brand) GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 (make/model).
Old 02-20-2018, 11:48 AM   #5
Registered Member

its nothing, its just a plastic case, in the front of the tower that you can pull out to put stuff in it like cd, etc, it take 1 rectangle out of 11. the other are used for a fan, soiund blaster xfi and the other for power button etc. sorry for my poor english
Old 02-20-2018, 11:52 AM   #6
Registered Member

board is a gygabyte ga-970a-d3p
processor is amd fx8350
graphis card is a »his R9 270X 2 FAN
power suply is a coolermaster g650
ram is 2 x 4g hyper x kingston anbd 2 x 2 g kingston hyper x red « ( i tried tro switrch them all remove, put only 1, etc already )
Old 02-20-2018, 11:55 AM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassfisher6522 View Post
The question I have to ask is; did you removed "front storage thing" (what ever that is" while your PC was turned on?

yes while the pc was on but there is nothing connected to it, its a simple plastic case on the TOWER THERMALTAKE ARMOR
Old 02-20-2018, 11:56 AM   #8
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by achi1199lles View Post
board is a gygabyte ga-970a-d3p
processor is amd fx8350
graphis card is a »his R9 270X 2 FAN
power suply is a coolermaster g650
ram is 2 x 4g hyper x kingston anbd 2 x 2 g kingston hyper x red « ( i tried tro switrch them all remove, put only 1, etc already )
Thanks.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:59 AM   #9
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team

What PSU and wattage do you have? How old is it? What type of cpu cooler do you have?

If your not getting the POST beep but some lights and fans come on....my guess would be it's 1 of 3 things....mobo, cpu or PSU.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:03 PM   #10
Registered Member

Quote:
What PSU and wattage do you have? How old is it? What type of cpu cooler do you have?

If your not getting the POST beep but some lights and fans come on....my guess would be it's 1 of 3 things....mobo, cpu or PSU.
Power suply around 6 month old, i changed it recently, its a 650w, ive never had a problem in game or anything, <
i double checker to see if the speaker was plugged and yes it is, there is no bip. the only thing that is old is the motherboard and hard drive that i didnt upgraded since i bought this computer
Old 02-20-2018, 12:06 PM   #11
Registered Member

Quote:

<
<i wonder how i can be 100 % sure its the board. ?
<i still ad the old power supply so i switched to see if the computer could power on but is doing the same thing. the old power supply was making my computer to shut down randomly and i looked up on internet and found out it was mostly power supply so i bought a new one.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:13 PM   #12
Registered Member

Quote:

i have a hyper 212 evo from coolermaster
Old 02-20-2018, 01:10 PM   #13
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team

Good on the cpu cooler as that rules out and over heating issue.

If the old PSU was replaced with a new PSU and still doing the same thing. Then it's the mobo and or cpu. The only real way to test that is if you have the exact same mobo and CPU and put old CPU on new mobo and fire it up and vise versa.

Or it could be the RAM but to test that you need a running machine or another one to test them in running memtest+.

But that is not a viable solution as we all know. That said....there are some hardware tools out there to test mobo's but are very expensive. So your pretty much stuck between a rock and hard-place as the ole' proverbial saying goes.
Closed Thread