Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

User Tag List

PC build Crashing and Freezing Can’t Find A Solution

This is a discussion on PC build Crashing and Freezing Can’t Find A Solution within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello I recently built a Gaming pc a couple Months ago. When I first built it I had all the

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 01:48 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello
I recently built a Gaming pc a couple Months ago. When I first built it I had all the parts expect the ram, so that was the lasting I put in and when I installed windows and all my drivers the computer was working fine at first I downloaded everything and thought everything was fine I had no crashes I hadn’t done much but installed like a few games and chrome but when I started overclocking is where it started to crash. At first I thought it was crashing cause of the overclocking cause I tried pushing my cpu to 4 GHz and it didn’t work so I brought down 3.7 ghz and I ran cinebench and Aida64 and it would say error so I turned it off and decided not to overclock but when I turned my pc on and after a while it would crash. So I decided to check event viewer and I did some research and the errors I had in event viewer where normal so I didn’t know what was the problem. At first I thought I could be my psu cause I used it from my old pc (which also had crashing problems but that psu was new to my old pc which crashed before I installed that psu) so I decided to buy a new one and once I replaced it there was no difference and it still crashed, so I tested my ram ( at the time I had Corsair ram but I had tradeded it for RipJaws Ram with a higher frequency but ever since I installed that the crash/freezes happen early then before) and I didn’t find error on my Corsair or my RipJaws ram but before I tested my RipJaws I did bios updates, and my pc crashed during the bios update but my pc still boot and in the bios it shows that it updated but it still crashes and it’s like a really big mess and I’ve already reinstalled windows twice and this is just to complex for me to keep troubleshooting but here are my specs :
CPU:RYZEN 3 1200

MOBO: Asrock AB350M PRO4

GPU:GTX 1050 2GB

RAM : 8GB G.Skill RipJaws 2800 Mhz

SSD:Kingston 128Gb

CASE : Phanteks P300

PSU: Cooler master 430 80 Plus

WIFI ADAPTER:Net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2018, 05:54 PM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

What are you doing on the PC when it crashes?
Old 05-11-2018, 05:38 AM   #3
Registered Member

When I first boot my pc Iím just doing whatever and it will still crash and my temps are fine and I donít get a bsod and no sound comes out when it crashes just a straight freeze and sometimes when I boot my pc it doesnít even display anything
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2018, 08:07 PM   #4
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Are all of your drivers updated as well as the BIOS?
Old 05-11-2018, 10:01 PM   #5
Game Team Tech

sounds like the psu as you said it was old and crashed in the other system when I searched for your power supply it came up with a coolmaster case not psu.

For overclocking a Higher psu is required 450w or higher plus extra cooling ie cpu cooler memory cooler and one for the graphics card.

try resetting the bios if you can by removing the cmos battery.

change all settings in bios to auto no overclocking. Just to let the cpu settle down.

try and check device manager for any issues when booting up and check for windows updates.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:00 PM   #6
Team Manager - Hardware
Acting Manager, Security Center

My System

Can we please have the model numbers for the ram, Psu and make and model of video card as well as Cpu or APU model. You have purchased the poorest quality Psu I have ever used and as suggested even if top quality it is way inadequate for oc'ing the system.
Are you certain about 2800 speed ram as I see no 2800 ram tested on that board from any maker which I find rather odd which is why I would like the ram model number.
If you problems started when you overclocked system then the odds are you either went too far or your components are barely compatible which is why you saw that response and why knowing models and cpu make become so important.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Old 05-13-2018, 02:50 PM   #7
Registered Member

Confused

Ram serial number:f4-2800c17d-16gvr
gpu serial number:90yv0a80-m0na
cpu serial:yd1200bbaebox
psu it actucally a cooler master 500W 80+ sorry for the confusion
Old 05-13-2018, 05:25 PM   #8
Team Manager - Hardware
Acting Manager, Security Center

My System

I would run memtest86 on your ram as I have a feeling it is not compatible because I note the testing of ram the mfgr did didn't include and 2666 or 2800 ram and that is really odd and this seemed to start for you after you added the ram anyway. www.memtest86.com
run at least 4 full tests, and each test includes 8 passes and lest see if any errors show up.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Old 05-16-2018, 03:19 PM   #9
Registered Member

I ran melters as I went to school but I when got home it was off and now when I turn it on my leds turn on , my fans do too , then they turn off then turn back on
Old 05-16-2018, 06:33 PM   #10
Registered Member

memtest*
Closed Thread