Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

P5GD2 Deluxe - Connecting Hard Drive

This is a discussion on P5GD2 Deluxe - Connecting Hard Drive within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi; I got an Asus "P5GD2 Deluxe" and nee coNnect my stuff on it. I tryed many different combinations but

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2004, 10:02 PM   #1

Question

Hi;

I got an Asus "P5GD2 Deluxe" and nee coNnect my stuff on it.
I tryed many different combinations but it never worked well, sometimes no boot, sometimes it doesn't recognize some items.
Look waht i have,

- Sony CD burner (CRX216E 48X/24X/48X)
- Pioneer DVD Burner (DVR-108BK DOUBLE LAYER)
- Hard Drive Western Digital 250Gb (W2500)
- Hard Drive Maxtor DiamondMax "SERIAL ATA" 250gB

How do i connect these for little things on my new motherboard?
What i'm doing right now is:

- Western Digital HD on the Blue Conector (PRI _IDE1)
- CD Burner on PRI_RAID1
- DVD Burner on SEC_RAID1
- SERIAL ATA HD on SATA2

But... sometimes the SERIAL ATA HD doesn't appear on Windows and i have to restart the machine many times.

I really appreciate any help.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2004, 04:20 AM   #2
mark3567

Hi,

Not sure if I understand exactly what your setup is, but here is a try. Also, I don't know your board but am assuming (without looking it up since I am in a hurry this morning) that your board has two IDE slots.

First of all, you need to put the burners on an IDE slot and not on a raid slot.

Why not put your Western Digital Hard drive on IDE #1 set as Master if you are using someting else on the cable. If you are not using something else on the cable, then with WD drives, remove the jumpers and put it on the master slot on the ribbon cable (end of cable).

Put the Serial drive on Sata1.

Put the burners on IDE #2 one set as master and the other one set to slave.

A reminder, master drive on the end of the cable and slave drive in the middle of the ribbon cable.

Hope this is what you were asking.

Old 12-20-2004, 12:46 PM   #3

hi, first off all, thanks for your attention.
here is the motherboard:

https://usa.asus.com/products/mb/sock...d/overview.htm

Well, it's not easy as you think.
Take a look at the motherboard and you gonna see.
it has one IDE connector called PRI_IDE1, and then, it has 2 more IDE connectos called PRI_RAID1 and SEC_RAID1, the manual says these 2 are set to IDE by default and if i intend to create an IDE RAID i need to set something on the BIOS.

This motherboard looks different for me and i didn't get it working well yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2004, 02:05 PM   #4
mark3567

Hi,

I looked a the board and have to agree it is different somewhat.

I would still put the Serial drive on #1 S-ata connector.

I would put the burners on Primary IDE #1, one set as master, the other set as slave. Master on the end of the cable and slave in the middle.

I would place my Western Digital hard drive on PRI_Raid #1 and leave the jumpers off if it is the only drive on that connection. Put it on the end of the cable (black connector) Leave it at default.

Give that a try and see what happens. There are other combinations you can also try with that.

Old 12-22-2004, 07:16 AM   #5

Hey Guys

I have the same problem....

connecting the IDE ATA133 hard drive in the IT802 Onboard device which is the Raid_1 primary red conenctor and on every boot it keeps saying Master IDE H.D.D. not detected. Installing windows on my SATA only set to Master 1, I was able to install but kept booting up with NTLDR is missing error. Setting up the raid for both IDE and SATA would not work - kept saying non functional and i couldnt select or change anything about it...maybe if I had 2 SATA hard drive this board will peform better using the raid but will have to see later in the future.

so to make windows work, this is how I set up my stuff:

Maxtor IDE Master HDD - primary master (blue connector)
2x DVD-Roms - IT802 Raid (red connector) set to Standard IDE in bios. Both DVD was working once drivers was install inside windows.
Maxtor SATA HDD - SATA Master 1 connector.

A ATA66 cable (grey and black) would only make 1 DVD working.
A ATA33 cd-rom cable makes both dvd working, but I have to wait 15 sec for the warning message to disappear on each booth. The message is about that Im using a ATA33 cable on a ATA66 slot, and the system has change it to work as a ATA33. To avoid that message I need to install both dvd on the blue primary connector, but then I have problem loading windows has my ide is not detected ? weird.
Closed Thread