Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

P5B-E esata stops machine from booting

This is a discussion on P5B-E esata stops machine from booting within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I have the Asus P5B-E board and when the external hard disk is attached in Esata mode the system

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 06:48 AM   #1

Hi,

I have the Asus P5B-E board and when the external hard disk is attached in Esata mode the system will not boot 'incorrect boot source' message

This is the 2nd external disk I've tried and both have worked in USB mode. The boot priority is in the correct order in the bios.

The system drive is on the internal sata port of the JMicron controller (and has to stay there) and the DVD drive is connected to the IDE channel, the JMicron is set to IDE mode enhanced.

Thanks for any help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem booting IBM T22. Gives error 0175.
Hi, This is a friend's notebook. It is an IBM T22. The error that comes up is an error 0175 which IBM describes as a system card problem. However upon further reading of other IBM threads and evaluating the documentation the error relates to the BIOS and IBM have had two attempts to resolve it....
Russelllk Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 1 07-30-2007 01:22 PM
Major Promblems with new machine using P4P800E-DELUXE
Hello everyone. :sayyes: I used to build machines as a living a few years ago and decided to build my new machine as I enjoy it and to save some money. However now im running into walls as I have problems, and as I am slightly behind in technology I need your help. Iíve seen you guys helping...
Monbart Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 54 01-25-2006 09:49 AM
No response from machine. Need help!
I just finished building a machine, here are the specs: Antec case with 380W PSU Asus P5GDC Deluxe 2x512 Corsair DDR2 5400 C4 Pro Intel P4 3.2 ATI Radeon x800XL Seagate 160GB SATA drive Thermaltake Tower 112 heatsink with 80mm fan attached
WonderWoman Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 2 04-14-2005 06:43 PM
Remote Desktop not working with Win2k machine added to my network
I have a home network set up, with my primary computer being a WinXP Pro machine. I used to have a Win95 and a Win98 machine hooked up in the network as well. I was previously able to remote desktop into my WinXP machine without an issue. I am using the Windows remote desktop feature, but I'm...
thebassman Windows Servers 0 02-19-2005 03:59 PM
10 Commandments of security
The Ten Immutable Laws of Security Topics on this Page Law #1: If a bad guy can persuade you to run his program on your computer, itís not your computer anymore. Law #2: If a bad guy can alter the operating system on your computer, itís not your computer anymore. Law #3: If a bad guy has...
Doonz General Computer Security 13 09-15-2004 03:49 AM