Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

P4P800-E Deluxe, RAID crashed suddenly

This is a discussion on P4P800-E Deluxe, RAID crashed suddenly within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, ive got very big problem: My config: P4P800-E Deluxe (with latest stable bios - v1004) P4 2,4 GHz, 800

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 05:27 AM   #1

Mistake

Hi, ive got very big problem:

My config:
P4P800-E Deluxe (with latest stable bios - v1004)
P4 2,4 GHz, 800 FSB
512 MB V-Data RAM DDR400
Promise FastTrack 378 RAID 0: 2x Maxtor 160 GB S-ATA

Yesterday, I worked with pc in normal way. OS is installed on another drive (not on RAID). I run defragmentation on my RAID, and then pc begin to work little unstable when I was browsing the directory structure of RAID. Few restarts, and then, situation was even worse... in the evening OS didnt want to start up at all.
I restored image of clean installation of WinXP and it didnt work. I reinstalled the system from scratch and system is still unstable. I manually disconnected both Maxtors in RAID and system is running perfectly (thats the time i'm writing this thread). I was trying to run PAM - Promise Array Management and it says: both drives are functional, RAID is functional (just like as it is said before booting OS...), but in event log, there are a lot of "unknown error" messages. When I try to access RAID, it writes up a system alert - I/O device error - or smthing like this... Not even properties of H:\ in "This computer" can be opened....

does anyone have similar problem?
thx for any advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2005, 04:00 AM   #2

News:

Till now, I worked with RAID disconnected. Today I tried once to start system up with RAID connected and... When WinXP was starting, it run CHKDSK and recognized the array. It recognised the label of the array and begin to check it - finally. It found 4 unreadable sectors and in indexes, there were some errors too. Unfortunately, I didn't find the errorlog file on disk (if it even exist...i think it should, but i can't find it...). Then, CHKDSK writes up "unknown error occured" and system was running... but was unstable and RAID was unreadable... just like I described in previous post. In this case, RAID array not even appeared in "This computer" view. Logical disc manager is also unaccessible.

Any ideas?
Closed Thread