Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

User Tag List

Operation System Not Found &BIOS(Sony Vaio laptop)

This is a discussion on Operation System Not Found &BIOS(Sony Vaio laptop) within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a Sony laptop and my model is PCG-7154M. Can you please help me solve this. I bought a

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 01:37 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have a Sony laptop and my model is PCG-7154M.

Can you please help me solve this. I bought a new Internal Hard Disk Drive. But My laptop says Operation System Not Found. I think I have to go through Bios to get rid of Operation System not Found. I cannot go to Bios as it ask for password but I don’t know what password . Do I need to buy a new Bios Battery???? I did took all the screws and took out my bois batter for 2 minutes and ON, still ask for Bios passwords.

Please, I look forward to your reply. It will really help me if you could explain and tell me what I need to do.

Thank you
BKP
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BCCB9898-AF98-4F2F-B2D9-27FE234840F6_1546551236440.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	155.4 KB
ID:	322458   Click image for larger version

Name:	CA38D2B1-AC9F-405E-BE43-C16D67DB5FC2_1546551250739.jpg
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	322460   Click image for larger version

Name:	A473AAB9-9C81-462B-986A-D879C917A4DA_1546551291571.jpg
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	322462  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2019, 01:46 PM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

From TSF RULES

You may not ask for assistance with any deemed illegal activities such as but NOT restricted to the following::

* software pirating
* hacking
* password cracking
* keystroke recording software
* assistance with accessing copyrighted software programs
* Leeching on private or public WiFi/Broadband connections
We will also not offer advice, assistance or instruction with regard to any of the above activities, illegal or otherwise.

That said, contact Sony. They'll tell you how to get into bios after receiving PW message. Vaio is now owned by Japan Industrial Partners.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 01-03-2019, 02:43 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corday View Post
From TSF RULES

You may not ask for assistance with any deemed illegal activities such as but NOT restricted to the following::

* software pirating
* hacking
* password cracking
* keystroke recording software
* assistance with accessing copyrighted software programs
* Leeching on private or public WiFi/Broadband connections
We will also not offer advice, assistance or instruction with regard to any of the above activities, illegal or otherwise.

That said, contact Sony. They'll tell you how to get into bios after receiving PW message. Vaio is now owned by Japan Industrial Partners.
Hello,
Thank you for replying. But I am not doing any illegal activities. It’s my own Sony Laptop and bought it. I researched so many things in google. People telling me to buy Internal Hard Disk Drive. I researched again, found YouTube help, taking screws out and taking Bios Battery off. Then I have problems like Operation System not Found & Bios Password.

I would contact Sony but before I solve some problems in this website so I wanted to write my problems.

But thank you for your concern and notice.

Blackwhite
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2019, 07:39 PM   #4
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

The Operating System Not Found error indicates the primary HDD (the drive containing the OS) is likely faulty. Or possibly just not being detected from something simple like a loose cable or the boot order in the BIOS was changed.

Assuming it's simply a HDD issue, you could replace the drive and reinstall the OS without ever accessing the BIOS.

As for the password issue, that is covered in the Rules and there are no exceptions.

We cannot confirm it is your PC, therefore we cannot assist.

Old 01-04-2019, 11:14 AM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
The Operating System Not Found error indicates the primary HDD (the drive containing the OS) is likely faulty. Or possibly just not being detected from something simple like a loose cable or the boot order in the BIOS was changed.

Assuming it's simply a HDD issue, you could replace the drive and reinstall the OS without ever accessing the BIOS.

As for the password issue, that is covered in the Rules and there are no exceptions.

We cannot confirm it is your PC, therefore we cannot assist.

My HDD is very new, bought it from online. The seller who sold me told me I have to reinstall the Windows and partition. It’s a big issue that this is not working still. Seller agreed to check it for faulty only as it is out of warranty.*

I think, need to pay to get through Bios password. And other ways to get off Bios password( Such as in Google and YouTube - for people to see *Lots of assistant for help). No one is not stopping to Assist. I m sure need lots of research and knowledge to master it. But I understand the rules and regulations. I am Not somebody who has stolen a laptop as this is my very own laptop bought on Christmas.

My hobbies is fixing things so I will master it in my spare time no matter what (never give up), I thought somebody would help me or educate me in my forum but guess it’s not too easy. But thank you for your responds.
Old 01-04-2019, 04:17 PM   #6
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Read again what JimE was saying about possibly faulty HD or not installing properly.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 01-04-2019, 07:15 PM   #7
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

You have two issues:

1) The HDD with the OS is not being found during boot (ie: Operating System Not Found).

2) The BIOS password.

Those errors are not related (at least they shouldn't be on a home laptop). The BIOS password is preventing you from accessing the BIOS. It doesn't cause the HDD/OS issue. If it's your laptop, contact Sony and get it resolved. You should have access to the BIOS, regardless of how limited the options are in laptops. But even after you have access to the BIOS, you are still going to have to troubleshoot/fix the HDD issue.

Good luck.

Old 01-04-2019, 08:53 PM   #8
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

PCG-7154M doesn't seem to be a valid Vaio model number. According to a reply here https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/pcs-...4m/td-p/292917 it seems to be a chassis number. Post the exact model number so that we can look it up and assist you better.

You bought a used (old) laptop with a BIOS password set? This can very easily be a stolen computer and where I live, possessing stolen property is an offence. Get the password from whoever you bought it from, unless it didn't have a password when you bought it. BIOS passwords are not easily reset by simply removing the cmos battery. On desktops it's easier because of a jumper dedicated for that purpose, but on laptops, that jumper is often not present, making it pretty difficult to clear the password. Contact Sony for assistance.

As for the operating system not found error, you need to install an operating system on the newly installed hdd to get rid of that error. As it's been said already, you don't need to enter bios in order to install the OS. You can boot from os installation media by manually selecting it from the boot menu instead of changing boot order in bios. The right key to press to load the boot menu should be displayed on the Bios splash screen when you turn on the laptop. Some models use the Assist button (if present) and F11. Which OS do you wish to install and what media are you using (dvd or USB flash disk)?
Old 01-09-2019, 06:17 AM   #9
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwhite View Post

I am Not somebody who has stolen a laptop as this is my very own laptop bought on Christmas.
Due to the open, public nature of this forum, any assistance given to help circumvent security measures, even for legitimate purposes, would then be available for unscrupulous individuals to use for illegitimate purposes. This is a risk that TechSupportForum cannot take.
Closed Thread