Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

No power up sequence (No nothing!)

This is a discussion on No power up sequence (No nothing!) within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. First timer here. I opened the case of my computer (Compaq Presario SR1135CL) to blow out the dust and now

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 01:25 PM   #1

First timer here. I opened the case of my computer (Compaq Presario SR1135CL) to blow out the dust and now it won't even power up. The power supply flashes "GREEN" on the back, so I went to Compaq's website [https://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/f...name=bph06788] to troubleshoot. I got down to the end, where they diagnosed the Motherboard (A7V8Z-LA) or the CPU (AMD Athlon(B) XP 3000+ 2.10 GHz), as the likely culprits. Both are kinda pricey, especially if I don't know which one is likely to be bad. I called the local PC repair shop and was quoted a price of $69 to troubleshoot. It's a fair price, but they said it would be a few days before they could get to it. Any suggestions on how to narrow down the possibilities? And where I could locate inexpensive (i.e. CHEAP!) replacements? Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2008, 02:15 PM   #2
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

see if you can borrow another larger wattage power supply to try in it
your link just goes to the search page
what are you running
video card
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
wattage

check the listings in the bios for voltages and tempretures and post them

Old 10-17-2008, 02:39 PM   #3
Registered Member

if nothing appears on the screen, its either video card or mobo(Most of teh time). Does your comp beep or anything?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2008, 09:48 PM   #4

What did you use to blow out the dust? Its likely you blew something into somewhere. Like under the cpu, ram, video card... or just knocked something lose. I would get me some thermal paste, remove the cpu, ram and all cards re blow it out paying close attention to the above mentioned areas making sure to really get em blown out. Then some new paste on the cpu (2 small drops spread around even over the top). Dont forget to blow out the inside of the psu. If you did it before this is a good area for dust bunnies to get stuck. So give em another try. Good luck
Old 10-17-2008, 10:56 PM   #5
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

where are your specs

Old 10-19-2008, 09:10 AM   #6

I have a rather small P/S of 250 watts. The CPU is AMD Athlon(B) XP 3000+ 2.10 GHz and the m/b is the A7V8Z-LA. It has 512 MB RAM and on-board video. I press the "ON" button and nothing happens. I reseated everything, but still no action. I'm replacing the P/S (cheapest component) with something bigger, hoping it will solve the problem. I can't check the bios, cuz it won't boot....
Old 10-19-2008, 09:20 AM   #7
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...0corsair%20psu

Closed Thread