Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

No POST, Fan running, PSU Working !!

This is a discussion on No POST, Fan running, PSU Working !! within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Recently my system went off abruptly couple of times due to power outage as it was not connected via UPS.

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 03:59 AM   #1
Registered Member

Roll Eyes

Recently my system went off abruptly couple of times due to power outage as it was not connected via UPS. Then when I tried to turn on the system, it simply didn't. I didn't hear a POST beep, but the fans started running, Both the CPU and GPU fans. Tried resetting the BIOS and that too didn't work. I left the system off for around 20 mins, then tried again. This time the system POSTed and even Booted. Started using it and couple of minutes later it went off on its own. Afterwards it didn't start for another umpteen tries. Then all of a sudden it did. Again it went off and haven't started till now.

I switched the PSU with another and removed the GPU and tried to boot, this time also no POST happened but the fans running. (First time around the fan was running at a greater speed, second time around it started off big then turned down.)

Removed the RAM also, didn't even hear the post beep. Fans still running. I have no clue what this is due to. If you guys could help out. That would be nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2016, 07:16 AM   #2
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

Issues after storm/power outage are typically the sign of faulty hardware.

Shutdowns typically indicate a power supply or motherboard issue.

You could use the bench testing guide to troubleshoot further: https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...er-918754.html

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Memory issue
Hey guys, So I need help figuring out what could be causing this https://content.screencast.com/users/Squeezitgirdle/folders/Jing/media/38bbe494-97b6-46a6-94de-38225d069cf1/2013-11-20_0932.png Just let me know what information I need to post and as long as I know how I'll be happy to...
Squeezit Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 17 11-28-2013 03:06 AM
Internet Time Sync Not Syncing On Bootup
Clock settings say computer is set to automatically synchronize with time.windows.com and "set on a scheduled basis" but when I click change settings it tells me I don't have permission to change and contact admin. I am in my admin account. What I noticed is the clock is running like 2X it normal...
piotrowr2012 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 26 03-02-2013 06:06 PM
[SOLVED] Windows Eventlog cannot be opened.
Hi guys! Today i've just realized that i couldn't open my event viewer log. On startup it shows a window with a red X on it. "Event Log service is unavailable. Verify that the service is running".. I've been peeking in some of other threads in other forums for solutions but they were just the...
yoggi Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 7 07-08-2012 11:27 AM
New PSU won't POST; old PSU works
I'm trying to upgrade a 250W Bestec PSU with OCZ 600W SXS. The motherboard takes 20-pin without -5V pin. Bestec PSU has no -5V pin, and the system runs fine. I put in OCZ PSU, and fans (CPU, PSU and case) run, there is power to CD-ROM and hard drive, but motherboard won't POST -- no video signal...
flybone RAM and Power Supply Support 6 01-27-2011 05:31 AM
Power Supply Information and Selection
:smile: CHOOSING AND UNDERSTANDING A POWER SUPPLY UNIT The power supply unit in today’s modern computer assumes a role probably more critical than any other single component in your system even when compared to the CPU and motherboard. Therefore, there are multiple factors that must...
Tumbleweed36 RAM and Power Supply Support 0 07-09-2006 03:41 PM