Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

User Tag List

No graphical output, no onboard graphic, but system running

This is a discussion on No graphical output, no onboard graphic, but system running within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi everybody, I have a delicate question. So last monday my PC suddenly turned off and when I wanted to

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 10:39 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi everybody, I have a delicate question.

So last monday my PC suddenly turned off and when I wanted to turn it on again it smelled a bit burned. I couldn't start it up everafter. So I thought either the motherboard or the power supply is broke. I ordered a new motherboard aswell as power supply and installed both. Everything seemed to work nice, system running, fans turning but there wont be any graphical output. I both tried VGA and HDMI plugs. Sucks!
Now I think that I would have to install the graphic card, but I don't find a way to do that, since my the new mainboard has no integrated graphic chip.
Does anyone have an idea on how to proceed from now on?

My specs:
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P rev.1
EVGA GTX 760 SC 4GB
Corsair DDR3 2133 MHz 16 GB
AMD FX-8320
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2018, 11:15 AM   #2
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

Probably the GFX is the one that burned out ? or is over heating.. Sometimes the smell of burning might be due to overheating plastic, rather than an actual burn, if you're able to differentiate them..

If your old mobo has integrated Video, you can probably try putting that back in and then testing if the integrated works fine..

Is the GFX card seated properly ? and is there any sign of video ?

Old 09-24-2018, 12:03 PM   #3
Registered Member

First, thanks for answering! I am quite sure it was the mobo. I couldn't get anything out of the computer except a little shrug of the fans. Therefore I concluded it isn't the power supply's problem but the mobo. I replaced both parts anyways.

After replacing, the system started again but no video at all. It wont even start with the old mobo. Neither does the new mobo :/

Card is seated properly, no sign of video.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2018, 04:11 AM   #4
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

Does the old mobo have integrated/onboard Video/gfx ?

Old 09-25-2018, 10:49 AM   #5
Registered Member

No, unfortunatly not.
Even though I don't think it is the GPU I will try out another card soonish to be sure.
Old 09-25-2018, 11:20 AM   #6
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

Sure.. that is the best way to rule out the issue. Try both on the old and new mobo..

Old 09-25-2018, 12:19 PM   #7
Registered Member

I cannot try the old mobo, the system wont even start, except for a little shrug of the fans, when I had that installed.
Old 09-26-2018, 03:33 AM   #8
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

oh ok...

Old 09-26-2018, 07:51 AM   #9
Registered Member

Update: I now inserted a new graphiccard aswell, the error persists. I tried the different PCI-E slots and HDMI aswell as DVI. I am kind of helpless right now. Everything in the system seems to be running, but I still get no graphics output: "no signal". I tried different HDMI cables and screens, no change at all. I have a laptop to double check the results: Screens both work fine with it.

Any idea what to do now?
Closed Thread