Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

User Tag List

no bios splash screen

This is a discussion on no bios splash screen within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Have a DP55WB mother board with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 Ti video card and a Zenith LG monitor. I

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 12:54 PM   #1
Registered Member

Have a DP55WB mother board with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 Ti video card and a Zenith LG monitor. I connect with a DVI to HDMI cable. Unfortunately I can not see the BIOS splash screen. Any suggestions as to how to fix this ???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2018, 04:38 AM   #2
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

Ok, so everything works, but you don't see your BIOS Logo/Splash screen ?

Old 09-07-2018, 11:01 AM   #3
Registered Member

Yes --- that is correct
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2018, 11:13 AM   #4
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

Is it possible that the Splash screen is popping up real fast ?

If not, go to BIOS (restart and keep tapping DEL or F2) and there should be an option to display Boot Logo, enable that.

Old 09-08-2018, 07:42 AM   #5
Registered Member

No the monitor is black

Works if I use a DVI to VGA adapter

And then connect to RGB in the monitor

But then I would guess I am losing serious speed & resolution ???
Old 09-08-2018, 08:48 AM   #6
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

Check your monitor settings and set the HDMI port, to which the computer is connected, as the default input. Monitors with multiple input ports usually cycle through the different ports before they lock onto the one with a video signal coming through. It's possible that your monitor is doing the same and by the time it's locked onto the incoming HDMI signal, your PC is already gotten past the POST screen. It's also possible that the video resolution during POST is too low and unsupported by the monitor's HDMI input, so the monitor is not getting a video feed until the OS has loaded the graphics/video drivers and supported resolution.
Closed Thread