Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

No beeps,no POST after shut down...

This is a discussion on No beeps,no POST after shut down... within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi to all! So here is my story. One day I turned on my pc and started playing a game.When

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 01:12 PM   #1

Confused

Hi to all!
So here is my story.
One day I turned on my pc and started playing a game.When i was playing a game,sudenly the program called pc probe 2 warned me about the high temperature of my cpu (100C).And just as i was reading it the pc shut down automatically.It was new to me because the game was very simple ant did not used much of my pc resources.I thoughed that it was because of some overclocking that my brother did the other day.I went to the bios and found that the ram voltage was increased and the timming was mesed up.I returned it to normal,but i didnt managed to save the changes cause the pc shut down do to overheating again.I decided to wait for the cpu to cool of,but even after half hour of waiting I turned on my pc and as i was getting to the bios it shuted down again.Then i thoughed i have to be quick.i waited or about an hour and turned my pc on.I managed to enter the bios and press F5(make default) and press F10(save and exit) BUT...when it was saying to me "bios is working,please dont reset your pc'' or something,the pc shut down again!! When i turned on my pc the monitor didnt showed me anything,and there where no POST.
This is where Im asking you to help me find out is there any hope for my pc..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2008, 01:17 PM   #2

My system:
asus P5N-D
Intel (R) E8400 dual core 3ghz.
4 gb of RAM (2 seperate sticks of 1024mb corsair and 1 stick of 2gb A-tada)
Hard drive maxtor something :D
GPU - geforce 9600GT
Old 11-30-2008, 01:24 PM   #3

I tryed to remove everything exept cpu and gpu.(no ram)
then tryed to run with 1tick of ram.
tryed to run with one of the other stick and ect.
I took the MB battery out ant set the jumper (left it for about a NIGHT!)
I kneeled down next to a pc and prayed for everything to sort on its own.(joke) :D
Nothing worked...
So is there something that i missed to try on my half dead pc to make it work??
Thanks for all of your thoughts and sry for the grammar ;)
Closed Thread