Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

New motherboard and some games are all slow and glitchy

This is a discussion on New motherboard and some games are all slow and glitchy within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. i got the same motherboard refurbished and some games are all laggy like bioshock is laggy, while gears of war

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 08:34 PM   #1
Registered Member

Question

i got the same motherboard refurbished and some games are all laggy like bioshock is laggy, while gears of war isn't. and batman arkham asylum is like bioshock (laggy) while fallout 3 isn't glitchy. does it have something to do with the Bios? its the same processor, ram, graphics card, and everything else basically. the only things changed was the motherboard, case, and 2 more fans. and the motherboard is the same model as the one i had before( i bought a bad motherboard, it had a bad capacitor) all games worked fine before now some move very slowly and are unplayable. i did not update the motherboard's drivers becuase like i said its the same motherboard as before. everything else works great.any ideas? and thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2011, 05:43 AM   #2
Emeritus

PC Specs?
Prebuilt- Brand & Model Number.
Custom Build- Brand & Model of Mobo-CPU-Hdd-RAM-GPU-PSU.

Old 02-06-2011, 06:44 AM   #3
TSF - Enthusiast

My System

Post your temps and voltages from the BIOS.

Even if this is the exact same motherboard it may help to install the chipset and graphics driver.

Check Device Manager for any driver errors.

Check the manufacturer website for updated drivers.

Uninstall the graphics drivers then install the latest version.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2011, 02:32 PM   #4
Registered Member

Ok so i reinstalled the drivers for my graphics card, but didnt help. and i tried to find drivers for my motherboard but intel doesn't seem to have them for some reason. my motherboard is an intel d915grv. and the only thing im missing is the ethernet's drivers which i dont use. and like i said before the games worked before with the same motherboard. so i uninstalled games for windows live and i will reinstall it. and i reinstalled batman 2 times and that didn't help. i will post my specs in a sec. first i want to see if it is games for windows live that is messed up.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:58 PM   #5
Administrator
Team Manager, Gaming
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
Team Manager, Hardware Team
Microsoft MVP

The eithernet driver should be a Marvel 88e8050 controller here's the Marvel driver D/L zip file > https://extranet.marvell.com/drivers/...v11.30.1.3.zip
Old 02-06-2011, 03:37 PM   #6
Registered Member

ok that didnt work reinstalling games for windows live. i think i will just have to buy a better motherboard and processor a little later. and thanks the Ethernet driver worked.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:03 PM   #7
Administrator
Team Manager, Gaming
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
Team Manager, Hardware Team
Microsoft MVP

Check the CPU and motherboard temp in the Bios on the PC health page.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:37 PM   #8
Registered Member

i did and the CPU is running at 70 C which i dont think is true because i touched the heatsink and it was cool. while the rest of the computer is running at 30 C. and this is for several times i checked it even after the computer was off for over an hour.ill double check to make sure the heatsink and CPU fan are on correctly. and ill let you know. thanks for your help!
Old 02-06-2011, 05:31 PM   #9
Registered Member

it doesn't necessarily mean the heat sink is @ 70c, its just the chip over all. 70c is pretty hot your CPU which can cause permanent damage if left like that... you said that you bought the mobo, and reinstalled the processor right? did you apply the thermal paste correctly.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:58 PM   #10
Registered Member

haha im an idiot. well it turns out i made a rookie mistake. the plate on the back of the motherboard which i screw in the heat sink was flipped so the heat sink was not properly installed. and my processor is back to under 50 C like it was. well i think i did some damage to the processor because it froze on me a few times. i can get a refurbished pentium 4 processor for like 30 bucks or so so i think i will buy that. thanks for your help everyone!
Old 02-06-2011, 06:20 PM   #11
Registered Member

nice haha, I don't really trust refurbish/open box stuff, since they only test it for the first 5 mins or so it seems... well good luck with that!
Closed Thread