Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

User Tag List

New MOBO, 2 questions

This is a discussion on New MOBO, 2 questions within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Because I have been having problems with my previous computer, I just built a new computer using an Asrock Z270

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2018, 08:02 AM   #1
Registered Member

Because I have been having problems with my previous computer, I just built a new computer using an Asrock Z270 Extreme4 MOBO. Things are working fine except for two issues.

First the reset switch does not work. I know it works on the case, because it is the same case, and I had to use it frequently with my previous computer (hence the new one). I have put it on the correct pins in the header and tried both polarities. I've even tried an adjacent ground pin. I cannot get it to work. It's not a big deal, but there are times you want to reset the computer and don't want to hold the power switch for 5 seconds to get it to shut down.

Second, I ran Speedfan because I wanted to make sure that the cooler for the CPU is doing an adequate job. I was surprised to see something called AUXTIN1 at over 100 degrees C where all the others are in a quite reasonable range. What is this and should this be a concern?

Click image for larger version

Name:	speedfan1.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	320270

SMK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2018, 09:31 AM   #2
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64 10.0.19041.264; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

To test if the reset pins on the motherboard are working, while the computer is running, simply (and carefully) short the two reset pins with the tip of a small screwdriver (or similar) and the computer should reboot.

You can use a multimeter to double-check that the continuity of your momentary contact reset button is actually working.

Try using AIDA64 Extreme and HWmonitor to verify SpeedFan's readings.
Old 06-02-2018, 01:55 PM   #3
Registered Member

Just a few minutes ago I tried the reset button again, and this time it worked. Maybe I didn't press it firmly enough the other times I tried it.

I will try one of those other monitoring programs and see what the numbers look like.

Thanks for the info!

SMK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2018, 08:58 AM   #4
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64 10.0.19041.264; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

You're welcome.
Old 06-03-2018, 01:45 PM   #5
Team Manager - Hardware
Acting Manager, Security Center

My System

Every so often programs set to read temps in Windows don't work at all. If I were you I would check temps in the Bios to be certain. HWW Monitor is a better program than older Speedfan but again I have seen them all fail for accuracy.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Closed Thread