Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU

User Tag List

New Comp problems

This is a discussion on New Comp problems within the Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I just built a new comp with a K7S5A motherboard,1.2 gig Duron ,512 Mb DDR 2100 ,40 gig Hard drive....well

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2002, 04:59 PM   #1

I just built a new comp with a K7S5A motherboard,1.2 gig Duron ,512 Mb DDR 2100 ,40 gig Hard drive....well it took awhile to get running ,but I finally got it going , and it was running fine until I messed with the bios settings, it said if problems occur to press page up (i think)on restart to restore default settings.Well it didnt work.I have reset the bios 3 or 4 times and tried everything.When I turn it on it goes through everything until it gets to this:

searching for boot record from ide-0..ok

A disc read error occurred
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

This happens everytime.I tried booting to cd-rom and re-installing windows,that was working until the part when the comp restarts to continue set up ,and then I get the same thing...HELP PLEASE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2002, 05:20 PM   #2
SPEEDO

Did you set the bios to boot to CDROM first?

When you restored the default settings it set the bios to boot to floppy first.

Welcome to the forums Bud Green.....:D

Old 07-17-2002, 06:27 PM   #3

Thanks for the welcome! I tried everything , I have it booting to the hard drive and have tried booting to cd rom.I set it up to boot to ide-0 first.I had the thing runnin great ,then tried to change a few settings and it wouldnt boot back up.I reset the bios and it didnt help???
Closed Thread