Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Motherboards, Bios & CPU

User Tag List

New Built Problems (solved)

This is a discussion on New Built Problems (solved) within the Motherboards, Bios & CPU forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. https://www.techsupportforum.com/for...s-1221002.html (original thread now closed) Well, after a six month break I am giving this another try. I installed the

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2018, 12:39 AM   #1
Registered Member

https://www.techsupportforum.com/for...s-1221002.html (original thread now closed)

Well, after a six month break I am giving this another try.

I installed the new RAM (Gskill) and placed one stick onto
the mamabroad. Started the rig and well you know the theme
by now, all three LED case fans started to blink on and off, however,
different this time, was that the case fans and the CPU fan were
NOT CYCLING on and off!

Since the case fans were all hooked up in a series, I decided to remove
the rear outlet fan and see what would happen. Started up the rig, which
by the way was indeed posting, but the two front LED case fans blinked
on and off. Oh Boy, same junk, different day.

I had installed APEVIA AF312L-SBL 120mm Blue LED Ultra Silent Case Fan w/15 LED
& Anti-Vibration Rubber Pads (3 pack) - for $20.oo bucks.

At this point, I pandered at the rig and wondered if my next option was to breakdown
and start bread boarding again. This time I had the monitor hooked up and she
posted, so the only issue were the bloody blinking LED case fans.

I was quite sure, that six months ago, I did start with only two and a single fan and
each time they blinked.

What to do, I axe myself. I only had one option at my disposal, which was to hook up the rear fan
onto the mama board next to where the CPU fan header was. Fired up the rig and sure enough
all three case fans lit up and simultaneously turned off and then can back on. I watched the case
15 seconds, 30 seconds, 45 seconds and now one minute and all three LED fans were functioning
normally! One minute turned into five minutes and no malfunctions whatever!!!!! Bloody success!

I am not sure what I did, but it appears that these fans can not be connected together in a
series other than two, unless one is mounted to a fan header on the mama board. I do not
think that swapping out the old RAM (2011) with newer RAM was material. I could still
install the older RAM and see if the results are the same. It could be that the APEVIA fans
were poorly engineer or faulty or simply wherein case fans can not be connected together in a series.

In any case, the fans no longer blink on and off and neither do they cycle on and off as well.

Now the only issue that I have is a rapid rising CPU temperature (without any load), starting
at around 35 Celsius and climbing to 68 Celsius within five to six minutes. I had only placed
a pea size of Arctic thermal paste onto the core, so I will have to remove the cooler and likely
the CPU. The AMD processor will shut down at 72.4 Celsius, according to the manufacture.

Many thanks for the replies and advise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2018, 12:12 AM   #2
Registered Member

I installed another CPU and spread the thermal paste over the entire area of the CPU.

It is now running for around a 1/2 hour under no load, with the temperature sitting at 55 Celsius.

This is still much too high in my opinion, so I will have to buy an
after market cooler.

The other CPU is stuck on the cooler, so I will have to figure how to get it off
without breaking or damaging it.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:11 AM   #3
Registered Member

The rig is now running at 49 Celsius. I forgot, that the thermal paste
matures but I still ordered an Arctic Cat heat sink, as the temp
without a mild load is still to high.
Closed Thread