Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Build Problems

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  backlash80 
#1 ·
-THERMALTAKE xaser vi VG4000SWA (silver) aluminum full tower no power supply 7x5.25" 1x3.5" 7x3.5"(hidden) w/ see through side window front i/o & 120mm fan x 1
-Rosewill Xtreme Series RX950-S-B 950W Continuous @40°C ,80 PLUS Certified, ATX12V v2.2 & EPS12V v2.91, SLI Ready CrossFire ...
-ASUS Rampage III Extreme LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
-Intel Core i7-950 Bloomfield 3.06GHz
-CORSAIR XMS 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000) Desktop Memory Model CMX12GX3M3A2000C9
-GIGABYTE GV-R585OC-1GD Radeon HD 5850 (Cypress Pro) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video
-OCZ Technology 120 GB Vertex 2 Series SATA II 3.5-Inch Solid State Drive (SSD) OCZSSD3-2VTX120G
-Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST31000528AS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"
-PIONEER BDR-205 / BDR-205BKS SATA 12X Blu-ray
-LG GH22LS50 Black SATA LightScribe 22x DVD RW Burner

Well, I got all my components yesterday and put my machine together. After hours of trying to figure out why my computer wouldn't post I figured out that I have a bad channel on my memory so I changed it to the second triple channel set and I got it to post. After going into the bios I noticed that the ram which is SDRAM DDR3 2000 was running at 1066 and that the voltage instead of being 1.65 was at 1.5 so I changed the settings to the "factory" sets and f10'd it. Then my computer refused to come back on without the power supply turning off. So I reset the ram to defaults figuring that I could deal with it after I installed the system "win7 pro x64". but, it got hung up again when I went to save and exit out of the bios. So I figured screw it at this point after working on it all day I just wanted to get the OS going and troubleshoot everything else in a bit. I get five minutes into the install and it give me an error windows files starts expanding, and from the somwhere around 20-30%, it shows the error code: 80070570, says that there are files missing or corrupted. It was a downloaded copy from the microsoft store so I was reading online they said try to burn another copy at slowest possible speed. So I did and the same thing happened. I found another site that said if you have more than 4g on there drop it down to 2g problem is I have 3 4gb sticks. But, I tried it with one stick of ram anyways, and the same thing happened. Then I gave up last night. This morning I went to the windows website and got there window7 usb/dvd boot tool and ran it on my usb stick but my mb wouldn't recognize the usb as having a bootsector after having that program run on it. So i am basically stuck with a machine that will not boot without having a cold boot and will not load an OS just a big headache. Thinking it might be some motherboard/ram issues was thinking about returning the mb. I got it openbox from newegg.com and just wanted to know if you guys have any other ideas

Much thanks

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
yeah I got a good deal on that psu was running outta loot. yeah I agree that power can be a crazy issue but I figured it would be enough. But as far as the mb compatibility list asus's board has only kingston listed as there 3 x 4gb set. But I was reading about em and haven't had any problems with the cosair, in my past builds. As far as that particular model of memory CMX12GX3M3A2000C9 it isn't listed on the website which is kinda weird. But

#4 ·
if the corsair model isnt on corsair's list then that isnt a good thing

I pay ZERO attention to the motherboard QVL lists as they are very limited in the number of modules they have tested with the board and the mobo manuf wont warranty any memory issues anyway so why bother?

on the other hand if you have a memory module which is listed by the memory manuf and it wont work properly with your board they will swap memory sticks with you until you get some that will; provided of course your model is listed to begin with?

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
ok...just ordered a new PSU CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-1000HX Ill check back in when I get it, and let you guys know what happens

well, I just got done taking another look at the current setup and discovered that the boards northbridge is getting incredible hot very fast. Within four or five mins it gets to 100c I replaced the stock northbridge with the slightly larger one with a fan attached to it provided in the MB box and it had no affect still uber high temps. Worried if I do anything else to the mb via replace the whole cooling thermal paste under the big blocks with arctic silver that it will void my warranty. I just emailed Asus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.